Introducing Eva - or Black Beauty for short

Dreamr

5 hours ago, jakroo said:

Did you have trouble parking it pal? Traction control turned off? Couldn't work out the modern day clutch?

Lots of tyre marks on the road.

Just saying.....

I don't have any "likes" left so I'll leave you with this one ...

:RockingDeath:

Thanks to all the others for your KIND comments ... 👍

1 minute ago, disco said:

Looks great. Driving impressions??

cheers,

Dave.

Hey Dave,

I had an air-cooled for the past 7 years so all I can really compare it to is that.

Not as raw as the previous one ('81 model). It's much quieter but far more power, as one would expect.

Have had it a little on the back roads and I couldn't get it to leave the road if I tried. Sticks like glue no matter what I give it. It is a very reassuring car and I feel very safe in it. The rear tyres are the widest I've seen in a ling time!!

I can see / feel remnants of the old school with it and I like that. I felt that the 997 was too comfortable / modern. Obviously very capable but just not for me.

I'm very very happy with it ... 😀

14 minutes ago, SteveF said:

Well done mate. It looks amazing and I can't wait to see it. I bet you can't wipe the smile off your face!! How many times have you just gone for a quick look in the garage???

Quick look?? .. I had dinner served to me in there ... 😅

Looking forward to you seeing it as well ... you really can't capture it's beauty in a photo ... it's so much better in person!! ... 

3 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

I've already told you this but well done, also, i told you so.

So much bang for buck, maybe we can get you out on a real SMT now without you and Jodie smelling like oil:D

Oooooh ... you’re a funny bastard, aren’t you! ... actually you’re not that funny so that just makes you a ..... 😏

Gotta admit though ... you have been telling me. Not gonna say you were right (in public anyway) but I do love it ... 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, jakroo said:

Just thought I'd pop this in here for you. Fickle just like I thought.  Just needed the proof.

Screenshot_20210107-110536.png

You don’t float my boat either!! ... I honestly thought our friendship was starting to heal .. and then you have to go and look for trouble!

Are you bored or something? Knitting group having a break during the school holidays? Fancy being so lonely that you feel the need to trawl through posts from 2016 .. You could have just called for a chat.

Just for the record .. I would still take the SC. The 996 was bought to appease my better half, air conditioning and all. Stunning car? Yes.

I’ve put this photo in for you to remember that we were once friends. Don’t know if we’ll be able to do this again, so enjoy the reminisce while you can.

The only thing you’ve managed to prove is ... that you are a lonely old ... human.

99CD873C-BA31-4AB1-AC38-B8D3613E7746.jpeg

@Dreamr 

You: blah blah blah blah boring boring boring  blah blah blah

Me: zzzzzzzzz.  Whatevers.

No idle time was being wasted. As it turns out, I was looking for the forum guidelines to have a read and found this particular comment. I thought it was odd given you've just plonked a reasonable sum of money into an object that doesn't float your boat. That same idiocy explains why you spend your or precious time with me!