Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Finally took my car out on Sunday. She hasn't moved for months while I've been doing work on my house, but I couldn't take it any longer. I woke up early so thought stuff it I'm going. Left my place about 5:30am, maybe a little earlier, up the old pacific highway to Calga, u-turn and back home for breakfast with the kids at 7am! Ahh she loved it, the further I drove the happier she got.

I did the Calga, Old Pacific Highway route yesterday as well.....

Although, I was going the opposite way and it was in the afternoon....

It wasn't too bad.....

I think that at times I was the holdup traffic for a few bikes that were behind me, but when I decided to take some corners like only a Porsche can, the traffic wasn't too heavy..... (they only got me on the straights as I didn't want to speed too much....)  :rolleyes:

Took a drive out to Toodyay to watch Simonoz in the smurf and others competing in Targa West. Was a bit disappointed with the lack of good spectator points though, we basically got herded into one corner at each stage and only got to see each car briefly fly past.

The smurf sounds absolutely superb on WOT though.

After the stresses of the Targa West week, it was time today for a bullet run to Perth and back to the farm. 600kms, wet on and off, and on my own, so it was time to fire up the red 993 Turbo. I don't use the Turbo usually for these trips because there is often farm stuff to carry, but not this rime, so it was game on.

Out the door at 8.30am, at Perth Airport at 11.30, meeting over at 2pm, straight into RJP Motorsport for new headlight globes and a lens clean (felt like Targa West again) in thirty minutes, back on the farm at 6pm.

600kms. 6 hours driving. Haven't enjoyed the trip ever like I did today. What a glorious car. It handled back roads, city driving, and highways with great ease and absolute primary safety. The speedo spent a lot of time in the section where the driver cant see it, where it would be in Germany most of the time.

I know Porsche makes faster cars, more advanced cars, but quite frankly I don't give a damn. Ive owned a few, tried lots of others, but the 993 Turbo is King in my world. What a car!

Took advantage of some sunny weather in Sydney today and did a quick dusk drive down throug McCarrs Crek Road. Good to get out in the car with the roof off after not having been out for a few weeks. Few other cars seemed to have the same idea - 987 Boxster and 993 out on the road as well.

So which of your cars are you calling a real Porsche? Is it the 911, 928, 944 or 924?  :P

Well obviously not the 924 , 'cos that's got as much VW as the 356.

The 911 likewise , but then again I wouldn't want to offend all the other real Porsche men here.

The 944 was derived from bits of the 924 , including some VW bits. So that can't be the one. Plus the intake is in bits right now.

Which leaves the 928. The first blank sheet designed and constructed by Porsche, Porsche. So the first real Porsche. If it wasn't for the Mercedes-Benz gearbox , and all the Bosch parts etc etc.

Le Frog is a clue to what I drove to work today. Old , sleek, agile and noisy , like the owner.

Oh you must have a Porsche 110 then. 

37282_872783193480_15900600_47407032_113

It's old, sleek design, agile in that it can turn tight circles and noisy like all tractors.  :lol:

I could use one of those on my estate. It would be interesting on the highway , not to mention my fancy pants corporate car park.

Going 39.99km/hr through the school zone would be fun too.

Well obviously not the 924 , 'cos that's got as much VW as the 356.

The 911 likewise , but then again I wouldn't want to offend all the other real Porsche men here.

The 944 was derived from bits of the 924 , including some VW bits. So that can't be the one. Plus the intake is in bits right now.

Which leaves the 928. The first blank sheet designed and constructed by Porsche, Porsche. So the first real Porsche. If it wasn't for the Mercedes-Benz gearbox , and all the Bosch parts etc etc.

Le Frog is a clue to what I drove to work today. Old , sleek, agile and noisy , like the owner.

I don't want to start an argument (discussion?) I am sure to lose, but …..

On that reasoning, does that also not make the BXSTA a real porsche. Sure it has some 911 bits, but a clean sheet design and build. I will now proceed to duck for cover  :ph34r:

I don't want to start an argument (discussion?) I am sure to lose, but …..

On that reasoning, does that also not make the BXSTA a real porsche. Sure it has some 911 bits, but a clean sheet design and build. I will now proceed to duck for cover  :ph34r:

Plus........if it wasn't for the down trodden, unrecognised Boxster.....

Porsche as we know it today probably wouldn't exist. Got them out of the #%¥£!

Plus........if it wasn't for the down trodden, unrecognised Boxster.....

Porsche as we know it today probably wouldn't exist. Got them out of the #%¥£!

And for those that care to study history , the "poor old" 924 did the same thing in the 70s.

And now all these Porsche SUVs are saving the company against it's sibling rivals in VW/Audi  :D

I was going to say. Seems like every other model since the 911 'saved Porsche'.

Thanks 924.

Thanks boxster.

Thanks cayenne.

Thanks macan?

Perhaps good management 'saved' Porsche!

Nah the 928 saved Porsche. Every sports car mfr worth it's salt has a V-something in the range.

The 911 was considered an anachronism in the 70s by many at Porsche , and a quirky little invention it remains, albeit with special tricks to overcome Newtonian physics.