Enclosed vehicle transport

spiller

I got quotes for Perth to Melbourne this week - Allans 4600, Ceva 2700, Prixcar $1,600 (all covered, mandatory given car value).  A couple of others would not move cars over 60/80/100k value and some ship by water.....😬

No prizes for guessing who I booked.  Car will be dropped off Monday at their depot and they quoted 18 days to deliver to my door in Melbourne.  I’ve used ceva before and had no issue, we’ll see how the Prix go 😂

34 minutes ago, DJM said:

I got quotes for Perth to Melbourne this week - Allans 4600, Ceva 2700, Prixcar $1,600 (all covered, mandatory given car value).  A couple of others would not move cars over 60/80/100k value and some ship by water.....😬

No prizes for guessing who I booked.  Car will be dropped off Monday at their depot and they quoted 18 days to deliver to my door in Melbourne.  I’ve used ceva before and had no issue, we’ll see how the Prix go 😂

Bloody hell, that’s very good Doug. Prix quoted me $6700 enclosed from FNQLD to Adelaide. As far as the big companies go, my recent experience is they all offer the same shithouse service. They will get your car there in once piece, though

53 minutes ago, DJM said:

Doug 

Thats unbelievably cheap! Well done Just wonder if its truly covered or just the side tarps ? Be interesting to know Cheers

Maybe Prixcar has more back loading capacity All the best with it!

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Doug.   Did you get get a quote off McPhee. I need to go the way hopefully soon when ohlins get their act together and send me recalled replacement struts via design 911 in the uk.  I had 25m travelled on the ohlins and a week off shipping before getting the recall notice.    I had a bad  experience with Ceva  and was thinking ship is the better option

1 hour ago, FAP911 said:

Doug 

Thats unbelievably cheap! Well done Just wonder if its truly covered or just the side tarps ? Be interesting to know Cheers

WA back to East is usually the cheapest carrying route in the country as their trucks are usually quite empty.

6 hours ago, FAP911 said:

Doug 

I’ve used Ceva and Openica in the past, both around $700 on an open truck.  Unbelievably cheap.  So we sell lots to WA but they sell nothing back it seems 😂

Looked like Prixcar have side tarps in photos.  Quote was around $1,000 before I mentioned vehicle value and they stepped it up to covered.

15 hours ago, spiller said:

Funny I spoke to both Adam and Phil today. Turns out they work together on jobs. 

I think you'll find a lot of those guys work with each other, I actually got onto Adam from another similar operator! 

Why don't you have it shipped to me and you can cannonball it back to ADL? 😜 

58 minutes ago, edgy said:

I think you'll find a lot of those guys work with each other, I actually got onto Adam from another similar operator! 

Why don't you have it shipped to me and you can cannonball it back to ADL? 😜 

Oh don’t worry that thought has crossed my mind a few times 😄. May have a solution to get me all the way without having to drive it, this one has tested me though!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/02/2021 at 21:23, spiller said:

Bloody hell, that’s very good Doug. Prix quoted me $6700 enclosed from FNQLD to Adelaide. As far as the big companies go, my recent experience is they all offer the same shithouse service. They will get your car there in once piece, though

The downside of Prixcar......?  Still waiting.  Was picked up in perth 15 Feb arrived in Melb last week and it’s way out west waiting for a truck to deliver to me current eta 15 Mar.  having to wait a full month is a bit rich notwithstanding the 18 business days they quoted........cheap = slow 

Yep, unfortunately it’s the case with all of the big carriers now. In my case it was going to be a full month plus more expensive than the independents so it was a no brainer for me. Mine took two weeks from Airlie Beach to Adelaide using two different carriers.

4 hours ago, 9eleven said:

I have just booked Allans to transport my GT3 from Adelaide to Sydney - I think it was $2400 including GST.

I had quotes from CEVA and one other (can't recall the name) but Allans seemed more helpful and came highly recommended.

I used them to get mine from Brisbane to Adelaide...$2600. Alan himself delivered the car. I was away with work when it arrived, wife at home with three kids under 5. They cannot access my street with their truck but he was happy to park up 700m away, drive the car to my garage and walk back to the truck. It was the same story last time they took my old GT3 to Sydney. Very pleased with his service, highly recommend. Do you mind me asking which GT3 you’ve bought? One of the Richmond’s cars?