Goodbye Car - 1977 Carrera 3.0

Mike D'Silva

I sold my car. 

1977 Carrera 3.0 LHD - it's the longest I've ever owned a car. 

I rebuilt the motor a couple of times - it's latest spec is with CP pistons, custom cams, RHD throttle bodies and the AEM ecu and wiring from Rasant Products in the usa. Oh, and the GT3 muffler. I had the seats re-trimmed, had the wheels painted black, and also had the entire car resprayed. I feel the new owner will be happy with it. The smile on his face when it slammed him back in the seat at 3000 rpm pretty much sealed the deal ;) and the fact it keeps spinning just as hard to 7000 is a bonus.

Here's some pics taken by a friend.

B5J9mdU.jpg

NS1KEaM.jpg

BLwbMBq.jpg

id6EKV5.jpg

amkeBsC.jpg

BOUzPEN.jpg

7D3D5d0.jpg

zmhYQqe.jpg

a8mGHcA.jpg

El7nqyB.jpg

Probably rebuild a 3.2 motor that I have in storage, then sell it I guess. Not sure what the market is for rebuilt motors. 

Car wise, bombing around in the old hilux.. and maybe looking for an old 911 that needs a replacement motor!

2 hours ago, FAP911 said:

blimey

wonder what I might have got had I listed mine on Grays. No, not an S but a tonne more original and a LOT cleaner!

1 hour ago, Mike D'Silva said:

blimey

wonder what I might have got had I listed mine on Grays. No, not an S but a tonne more original and a LOT cleaner!

Yes that one was pretty grotty. Especially the gauges. Hopefully the buyer knows about Ottos.  Well done on the sale. If i didn't have the original donk in mine i'd be after your 3.2 I might give you a bell before I pull out the leaky unit. I'm in Greenbank.

On 26/05/2021 at 17:43, Pembo said:

Yes that one was pretty grotty. Especially the gauges. Hopefully the buyer knows about Ottos.  Well done on the sale. If i didn't have the original donk in mine i'd be after your 3.2 I might give you a bell before I pull out the leaky unit. I'm in Greenbank.

I think that was someóne's car from the Gold Coast. I had a look at it and it certainly needed some cleaning up! Impressed he got 100k for it - I was thinking 70k at the time but was scared about the rust I could see. George was going to sort that out so presume it was done pre-auction.

Lovely car you had there @Mike D'Silva. Keep going with the engines! I'm starting to get tempted by going EFI then bigger P&Cs on my 3.0