Classic Car CLub Rego- how does it work?

911virgin

First you need to join a club that provides the club/historic rego facility (some don't), then fill out the forms. Some clubs require a physical viewing of the car and some only require some good photos of it. The club secretary can advise all the ins and outs of club rego

Yep, every trip regardless of how far you drive it requires you signing your log book. Failure to do so is deemed that you are basically driving an unregistered vehicle, so you'll get nicked for that and possibly the club/historic rego cancelled...then you're stuffed.

Specifics are state dependant, though going by 25+ years and 45 or 90 days looks like you are in Vic?

Yes can only drive it either 45 or 90 days(~$75 or ~$150) in total per year. Must enter details in the logbook before leaving home, though not required if within 100m from the registered address i.e shuffling cars around and onto the street. Any further afield even if just around the block must be logged.

@Kerry @Orlando Has PFA ever considered applying to Vic Roads to be considered as a registered club for club plate registrations.  I have looked at some of the registered clubs already on their site and PFA seems to be more qualified as a Club than a lot already on the Vic Roads Register.  We could offer the service to Financial Members plus a small admin fee to cover printing and mailing costs. 

From an admin side if a person is needed to administer the program on behalf of PFA (Vic) I would be happy to put my hand up to do the job.  If we go down this path maybe others out there in each State can also put their hand up to be their State's admin person.

The Typ901 Register jumped through the hoops in Vic to become a legit club for the purposes of historic rego.  I understand it was not without challenges but they were successful. Peter Williams is their secretary and would be a good contact for you. 

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

Would that mean that only Victorians could become members or would it be open Australia wide, noting that there are difference in the scheme from state to state.

If we were to go ahead with this, we'd probably start with Victoria first as a test, and then expand to other states if it made sense practically to do so. Nothing is set in stone either way at the moment, and likely when we know what the move is, we'll let everyone here know asap. 

• 2 months later...

Coastr I cant attach a PDF but I think the info for QLD is found here 

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/fees/concession/special-interest

I looked at this and it is way too restrictive, a limited KM rego would be better controlled by an app... You can wish.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Ray

• 1 month later...
On 20/08/2021 at 10:53, OZ930 said:

Something to keep in mind.  If you switch clubs, you must hand in your existing club/historic plates and start the whole process again.

In NSW anyway.

Still researching this but I think my initial statement could be wrong.  If you sell the car which has H plates then you must hand the plates in and the new owner decides whether they want to go on historic or full rego and they start the process over, except that if the new owner stays with H system they must get a pink slip and start the process over.  If going to full rego then a blue slip is required.

If you change clubs during your registration period you need to fill out a Historic Vehicle Declaration (PDF, 292.28 KB) and get it signed by your new club. Take it to a service centre to get a replacement Certificate of Approved Operations.

but at least you keep your present number plates from what I understand.