WTB 996 Carrera Manual Coupe

Sov

As the title suggests, I'm after a 996 manual coupe. Prefer silver but will look at other colours. Prefer 996.1, I like the lights (I know, right?) but will look at 996.2. Black interior at this stage is a non negotiable. Must not have any irreversible modifications. Mechanics I can sort if needed and will negotiate accordingly. If you have one, or know of one, let me know. I'm a legitimate cash in hand buyer and will buy sight unseen for the right car.

Edit: Can stretch the budget to accomodate a 996 C4S or 997 Carrera, but would prefer to get my feet wet with a 996.

Update: Bought the 996 Turbo mentioned in this thread.

Have you been to see, PPI'd, or driven any 996, as you come across here and in your other posts as "the go to expert" on everything (especially price) Porsche 996?

Have a nice day by the way.

30 minutes ago, Arnage said:

Have you been to see, PPI'd, or driven any 996, as you come across here and in your other posts as "the go to expert" on everything (especially price) Porsche 996?

Yes, I have.

For those who find Ian's comment to be out of left field, he messaged me about his car being for sale.

Here is what I said that has prompted him to suggest I'm "the go to expert on everything (especially price)", something which I'm not claiming to be.

There was one listed and sold in June for $90k and I don't believe the market has moved $35k in a month.

This black one here with half the kms has been sitting for a long time unsold. That tells me it's overpriced.

The general consensus from members (I read the same threads) seems to be $100-$110k, and perhaps up to ~$115k for a really good one, or a little less if you want a hassle free transaction.

The corona driven market seems to be cooling now with less buyers throwing silly money around so I expect that although prices will not come back to pre covid levels they will become more sensible.

I'm happy to continue looking and if I "miss out" I'm not too fussed.

I got the above prices from this thread where he asked what everyone thought his car was worth, and where he agreed he thought those prices were realistic.

1 hour ago, Arnage said:

Who goes and drives the  model,  let alone  sits behind the wheel or drives the car you purchase in advance of getting a PPI done and handing over the cash.   After a desktop review and a call and a couple of emails,  isn't that enough if you have done your homework and selected you PPI indi wisely irrespective of state the car is in.    

1 hour ago, the_sovereign_man said:

Yes, I have.

For those who find Ian's comment to be out of left field, he messaged me about his car being for sale.

Here is what I said that has prompted him to suggest I'm "the go to expert on everything (especially price)", something which I'm not claiming to be.

There was one listed and sold in June for $90k and I don't believe the market has moved $35k in a month.

This black one here with half the kms has been sitting for a long time unsold. That tells me it's overpriced.

The general consensus from members (I read the same threads) seems to be $100-$110k, and perhaps up to ~$115k for a really good one, or a little less if you want a hassle free transaction.

The corona driven market seems to be cooling now with less buyers throwing silly money around so I expect that although prices will not come back to pre covid levels they will become more sensible.

I'm happy to continue looking and if I "miss out" I'm not too fussed.

I got the above prices from this thread where he asked what everyone thought his car was worth, and where he agreed he thought those prices were realistic.

You put out a request (top of page) WTB a 996 & could stretch to a C4S. I sent you a PM with a brief overview (silver over black) of my cars history & made clear price was firm. I did not respond to your reply above which is only about prices, not a single question about history, what mechanic, paint, wheels, time lines etc etc just price.

Your subsequent request (PM) that helped form my view about the type of buyer you are was your asking for a dialogue or viewing. I provided you with detailed & honest info on the cars service history & current condition ( PFA readers, it ticks all the boxes discussed about 996's) phone number & was happy to talk or for you to view the car but was unwilling to have a conversation just based on price. You declined.

Thanks for your selective recall, let's see if you are in a 996 anytime soon, I doubt it.

6 hours ago, Arnage said:

Your subsequent request (PM) that helped form my view about the type of buyer you are was your asking for a dialogue or viewing. I provided you with detailed & honest info on the cars service history & current condition ( PFA readers, it ticks all the boxes discussed about 996's) phone number & was happy to talk or for you to view the car but was unwilling to have a conversation just based on price. You declined.

Actually, I declined because you replied;

The price is $125K, find another in your desired spec.

I'm happy to buy in the top of the price range for a good car, but I'm not interested in paying beyond that which is why I declined the call. No point wasting your time or mine, right?

It's clear you're offended by the price conversation, and that's okay, but the path you've chosen here is a bit childish. I was nothing but polite and wished you a nice day, which you've sarcastically retorted above 

You are right about one thing though, you won't see me in a 996 ... we live a 20 hour drive apart.

All the best mate :Beer:

1 hour ago, tomk86 said:

Yeah but a 2 second look at the first  pic and its running non turbo parts like that front splitter .    So the pool of buyers deminished by about 90% not withstanding whichever way you go with those from splitters  eg c4s vs turbo vs  non p car part number) they are truly a consumable.  But I can fully understand why that splitter is being used given the other non factory parts advertised on it (much better by the way as I see it)   

• 2 weeks later...