Washing and Cleaning

I think it’s more that it sits on the paint as a baked on deposit.  It’s not uncommon to see water droplets etched in.  I think clay bar will remove it,  it easier to dry properly.  Plus it looks more clean.  The effect is most noticeable on glass.

34 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

will try to wash in shade- i dont have a carport shade :(

Last wash I actually went to a car wash so I could wash in the shade, as the current high angle of the sun doesn't result in any shade from my house, no matter what time of the day pretty much.  Just wetted car down, used the foam wash from the spray gun, then used my washing mitt in bucket of water to actually wash, then hosed off and then dried, all in the shade, and only cost a couple of $$

I wash the cars in the basement and still managed to get water spots on the RS3. Pain to get out once they are there and need to get the polisher out to remove. I usually dry the cars with a microfibre towel or blower. Have both a car blower and garden. I find using the towel is best and then finish off with the blower. Best towel ever used this thing is amazing in the amount of water it takes off the car.

https://www.liquidelements.de/en/microfiber-products/1015/liquid-elements-black-hole-xl-premium-drying-towel-80x50cm-1300gsm-borderless

44 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

is a chamois better than microfibre (MF) towel for drying or the other way around?

also does ceramic coating eliminate these water spot issues?

Microfibre towel is way better than the chamois. The towel I listed is insane you just wonder where all the water went from the drying it really is a black hole

Water spots are even worse with ceramic coating I believe. Happy to be told otherwise

1 hour ago, ArthurK said:

Microfibre towel is way better than the chamois. The towel I listed is insane you just wonder where all the water went from the drying it really is a black hole

Water spots are even worse with ceramic coating I believe. Happy to be told otherwise

I use a Ceramic finish on my car instead of a polish, And it's got be be a tough bug to get a grip . :) been using it for 6-7 months and no problem with water spots.

I’m a big fan of the bowdens own stuff. I normally get a detailer to get it into a good state. Then it’s just the following for me

snow foam

do wheels with wheely clean 

Rinse car

two bucket wash with their wax wash

rinse car

dry with a big softie cloth using boss gloss

On 08/02/2022 at 20:17, cafe_racer said:

I’m a big fan of the bowdens own stuff. I normally get a detailer to get it into a good state. Then it’s just the following for me

snow foam

do wheels with wheely clean 

Rinse car

two bucket wash with their wax wash

rinse car

Use my Ryobi 36v garden blower to blow as much water off as possible - especially in the seams/crevasses/front scuttle area

dry with a big softie cloth using boss gloss

As above with inclusion ;)

On 07/02/2022 at 19:46, 911virgin said:

What is the problem if you wash the car in the sun? Or only have partial shade?

Also the sun, if intense enough, crates a lens effect on water drops and can 'burn' the paint.