Sell or hold?

Stu

8 hours ago, 911CSR said:

Coming from Northern Sydney, sorry "Gosford" I have a few options around here that get me a 100-120km loop and only a few taffic lights and minimal freeway cooling off periods.

One thing is I can get from home to Canberra and see 2-3 sets of traffic lights as long as I do not mind paying for the priviledge.

Noticed a lack of NSW based runs so have taken off on a few from here to Canberra and back via Batemans Bay etc for a full weekend run. Have seriously thought of a trip down south to join one of the drives down there. Haven't managed it yet, but 2022 isn;t over.

Prior to covid there was solid group of "northern Sydney" types coming up this way for a circa 300km run taking in in Mares Run/Nowendoc via the Oxley Highway.  A few of us here on the mid-north coast and Tamworth area would then tag along.  I'd be keen to go again anytime soon...

15 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Prior to covid there was solid group of "northern Sydney" types coming up this way for a circa 300km run taking in in Mares Run/Nowendoc via the Oxley Highway.  A few of us here on the mid-north coast and Tamworth area would then tag along.  I'd be keen to go again anytime soon...

Count me in if it ever gets going again

I've been wanting to do the bucketts way / thunderbolts way to Walcha, then down the Oxley to Port for several years. Haven't got around to it though obviously. That is 600km one way for most Sydney-siders.

On 30/05/2022 at 09:26, 911CSR said:

Coming from Northern Sydney, sorry "Gosford" I have a few options around here that get me a 100-120km loop and only a few taffic lights and minimal freeway cooling off periods.

One thing is I can get from home to Canberra and see 2-3 sets of traffic lights as long as I do not mind paying for the priviledge.

Noticed a lack of NSW based runs so have taken off on a few from here to Canberra and back via Batemans Bay etc for a full weekend run. Have seriously thought of a trip down south to join one of the drives down there. Haven't managed it yet, but 2022 isn;t over.

If you're down South again drop me a line, I'm near Bungendore.

Re no Sydney runs, obviously I don't live there, but have spent plenty of time driving to Sydney recently.  Seems to me that you only have to get yourself to one of the motorways and then it's usually a fairly easy run out of town.  Granted the Northern beaches is a bit of a pain to get out of, have a good motorcycling mate there and he does hate the 'commute' to go for a ride but still does it.  Main thing is just to get over the mental block and hop in the car/bike and go.

The poor state of the roads is definitely an issue though, same around here.  Apparently the Tarago to Nowra road which used to be a great ride/drive is now a minefield.  On bikes you have a bit more latitude for avoiding the potholes, although the consequences of nailing one can be more severe.

6 hours ago, st3ve said:

If you're down South again drop me a line, I'm near Bungendore.

Re no Sydney runs, obviously I don't live there, but have spent plenty of time driving to Sydney recently.  Seems to me that you only have to get yourself to one of the motorways and then it's usually a fairly easy run out of town.  Granted the Northern beaches is a bit of a pain to get out of, have a good motorcycling mate there and he does hate the 'commute' to go for a ride but still does it.  Main thing is just to get over the mental block and hop in the car/bike and go.

The poor state of the roads is definitely an issue though, same around here.  Apparently the Tarago to Nowra road which used to be a great ride/drive is now a minefield.  On bikes you have a bit more latitude for avoiding the potholes, although the consequences of nailing one can be more severe.

Yes, did the Nowra -Tarago - Canberra run 4 weeks ago, it’s definitely not Porsche territory at all. Potholes, washaways, ruts, gravel & rocks, going to be some time before it’s fixed as well. All the roads around here (Berry, Kangaroo Valley) are f#@ked.

7 hours ago, sleazius said:

I've been wanting to do the bucketts way / thunderbolts way to Walcha, then down the Oxley to Port for several years. Haven't got around to it though obviously. That is 600km one way for most Sydney-siders.

Okay, 300k was a little bit of an understatement :D  Makes for a great weekend with a pub over-night at Walcha?

22 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Yes, did the Nowra -Tarago - Canberra run 4 weeks ago, it’s definitely not Porsche territory at all. Potholes, washaways, ruts, gravel & rocks, going to be some time before it’s fixed as well. All the roads around here (Berry, Kangaroo Valley) are f#@ked.

Yeah, the original Sydney drive I was planning took in Kangaroo Valley, until I stuck it into google maps and realised the road is cut in several places. Awesome.

On 31/05/2022 at 11:33, sleazius said:

I did the top half of thunder bolts way from uralla to Inverell a couple of weeks ago. Magic piece of road and that stretch was in good shape. No wildlife or radar/cameras

I believe the lower section from Gloucester to Uralla  is crawling with the later 🥹

1 hour ago, Tips said:

I did the top half of thunder bolts way from uralla to Inverell a couple of weeks ago. Magic price of road and that stretch was in good shape. No wildlife or radar/cameras

I believe the lower section from Gloucester to Uralla  is crawling with the later 🥹

You should have said Steven, you could have bought me a coffee and pie from Uralla's Pie Mechanic! 😁

I always expect to see at least 1 if not 2 Highway patrol cars in the section between Gloucester to Uralla.  Occasionally one roadside camera car that surely does not catch anyone as any car parked on the side of Thunderbolts Way stands out like dogs balls.

11 hours ago, Peter M said:

You should have said Steven, you could have bought me a coffee and pie from Uralla's Pie Mechanic! 😁

I always expect to see at least 1 if not 2 Highway patrol cars in the section between Gloucester to Uralla.  Occasionally one roadside camera car that surely does not catch anyone as any car parked on the side of Thunderbolts Way stands out like dogs balls.

You won’t be saying that in a week or so...poor dog.