WTB Restoration project, poor condition or damaged Porsche

Jay-911

On 03/09/2022 at 14:56, Jay-911 said:

First time buyer looking to get started off with restoring a poor condition, damaged or project Porsche, running or not running is fine. 

Keen to see what anyone has to offer, send me a message or email jay.moore@live.com.au 

Thanks! Jay

If you want a project I 100% recommend getting something that is mechanically sorted but cosmetically rough. Paint, body and interior is is pretty much the same as any car. Mechanically these things are hideously expensive. Hence why on my current project I have put a Ferrari engine in it as it is a fraction of the cost of an Aircooled 911 engine, and that is 100% serious. Even the exotic car wrecker I got the Ferrari engine from, who had at least 50 exotic engines on the shelf which were mostly Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, and McLaren, did not have any aircooled Porsche stuff because the asking was so crazy there was no money in it. 

There is a LHD, mid year, Targa someone posted a link to on Facebook with no engine or gearbox. I said the same thing there, a car like that would cost more to restore, even doing everything yourself, than it is worth, even if you got the shell for free! 

First time buyer looking to get started off with restoring a poor condition, damaged or project Porsche, running or not running is fine. 

Keen to see what anyone has to offer, send me a message or email jay.moore@live.com.au 

Thanks! Jay

Maybe let us know a rough budget....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Jay

Jay , sounds like your fishing trip better done in a tinnie and a few coldies 

as others say - set a budget . However more importantly be model specific 

maybe you got pockets for 73 rhd targa S project or , n/a auto 924 

both rewarding 

i can assist you with your search