1966 912 or 356 "D" as some refer to them...

wasserkuhl

Thanks Michel, are you interested in buying an LN engineering 83.5mm piston and barrell set? I am not going to use them!

I spent the whole day on the paint today.

1) Clay bar

2) Cleansed

3) Hand polished with Zymol Concours wax

Man I reckon I just put off a paint job for another 3 years!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will post some up soon, its still up on stands as I havent put the front brake calipers on yet.........need to put those back together , instal and bleed the system. Is easier with it up on stands and the wheels off!

I will take some pictures of the paint and post them up just for you Niko.

Even my dad said it will turn more heads than the Carrera 3.0 now.

So morning coffee im der Wasserkuhl Karosserie and I remembered to take some snaps for Herr Niko.

Here y' go. Its gone from having flat-as-a-witches-tit paint with many imperfections to a glossy tangerine hue with about half the imperfections.......something special about warming the carnuba wax with your hands and caressing the body as you apply said wax......

13030029_zpsbb73bb97.jpg13030030_zps327ff526.jpg

It only has very small minute amounts of rust.

I have the carbs off now and putting a kit through them.

Brake caliper is bathing in petrol so I can replace the seals and pistons when the parts arrive.

I may even beable to drive it by this time next week if I keep the focus on.

Stay out of the kitchen and away from building stuff for the kids and you might get there in time for Easter. 

We just had a family holiday so all the kids stuff is done. I am on a mission now..........late nights in the shed listening to BBC world=Me Happy.

Nice one fella, looks great

Thanks brother, we still on for Friday? I will Pm you.

Looking good wasser!  And as said above - no building and stay outta the kitchen, both places seem to halt Porsche fun 

:unsure:

I seem to get away with alot more Porsche fun than I should.............I don't play sport, I don't drink, I don't fish and I don't go and watch sport either so I can offset all of that into Porsches...............

Now , back to the shed.....

So morning coffee im der Wasserkuhl Karosserie and I remembered to take some snaps for Herr Niko.

Here y' go. Its gone from having flat-as-a-witches-tit paint with many imperfections to a glossy tangerine hue with about half the imperfections.......something special about warming the carnuba wax with your hands and caressing the body as you apply said wax......

13030029_zpsbb73bb97.jpg13030030_zps327ff526.jpg

Such lustre...odd for me I found myself with nitrile gloves and degreaser in hand this morning Perusing the car care aisle, so interested to know what are people using glyms , meguiars, other?

Such lustre...odd for me I found myself with nitrile gloves and degreaser in hand this morning Perusing the car care aisle, so interested to know what are people using glyms , meguiars, other?

Used to be a devotee of SWISSVAX, very expensive but lovely product, I think it has about 90% carnuba content.

But now I am into the GLYMS (from REPCO) which I think covers every part of the detailing process perfectly.

For interest I also just recently purchased a micro fibre drying towel of them which is fantastic. I think it is featured on their site below. I have no affiliation with the company but have always received prompt service and happy with the prices

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/all_brands/exterior

Items attended to today :

1) Compression Test ; All within range @ 105 psi +/- 10psi.

2) Pulled Carbs to pieces and blasted out all jets , Cleaned and inspected. All good there.

3) Degreased engine and pushrod tubes.

4) Door handles are back from re-keying all installed and working off one key.

5) Door trims back and installed; no more ugly speakers and holes there.

6) Made a small stainless dash board grille to hide the deteriorated vinyl. Have ordered correct material to recover and renovate at a later date

7) Collected new 6mm Beru Spark Plug lead kit as some numpty has put in 7mm Bosch leads and not attached them to the plug connectors correctly. + 7mm wires work against the ignition , rather than 'with' it.

Now I am drinking coffee and eating cake, because thats what you do when you have had a productive day.

Rock On.

I can't wait to cruise around in this little cruiser.

And here I am getting excited coz I bought some sandpaper today  :unsure:

I am on a roll brother.........I will be getting some stuff done on yours tomorrow for you as well.........

Looks great after the clay and wax Steve. Just lovin it.....

C

Thanks Chris...........I can't wait to cruise around in this.............already had a call from someone who wants to buy it......................

Dude your making a new car...what are spring plate bushes, struts etc like. I jut pulled all mine out of the T and torsion tube cup a little pitted etc..while your there moment coming on...

I am on a roll brother.........I will be getting some stuff done on yours tomorrow for you as well..........

Ya just have to drop in for a gday and chat mate. Whats ya poison?

Archived