Sold: 1998 C2 996.1 Manual Coupe

Have reluctantly listed my 1998 996.1 C2 on Carsales and fb Marketplace as my long term 914/6 GT project will soon be returning home-

1998 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual (carsales.com.au)

This car being the first of the 996s had the more reliable dual row IMS and cable throttle accelerator, with the series 1 996s known as the last of the 911 analogue driving experience.

This link provides further insight into the features that differentiate the early 996s from the series 2 996s- What makes the 1999 so special anyway?? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

* Lapis Blue with black leather interior
* Manual
* 159,XXX kms
* 18" Euromeister GT3 rims with near new tyres
* New Bilstein suspension, bump stops and Vogtland lowering springs
* Aftermarket ducktail and rear wiper delete (original parts to go with the car)
* Porsche door subscript (removable)
* Fire extinguisher and passenger seat extinguisher mount
* Rennline mobile phone holder
* New period-style Continental Bluetooth radio (hands free phone equipped)
* Aftermarket coffee cup holder in centre console where ashtray sits (original ashtray to go with the car)
* IMS (LN Engineering) / RMS/ Clutch replaced 
* Gundo exhaust
* Comes with 2 keys, extensive service history and 996 car cover
* Porsche floor mats
* Originally UK delivered, been in Aus for 12 years
* Excellent condition throughout

Huge savings available on this car being the first of the 996s- now eligible for historic registration and exemption from payment of stamp duty in Victoria as now 25 yrs old in 2023 (other States may also have same eligibility?)

It is a very well sorted car!

Cheers

Craig

996.1 (2).jpg

5 hours ago, crsedge said:

Have reluctantly listed my 1998 996.1 C2 on Carsales and fb Marketplace as my long term 914/6 GT project will soon be returning home-

This car being the first of the 996s had the more reliable dual row IMS and cable throttle accelerator, with the series 1 996s known as the last of the 911 analogue driving experience.

This link provides further insight into the features that differentiate the early 996s from the series 2 996s- What makes the 1999 so special anyway?? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

* Manual
* 159,XXX kms
* Aftermarket ducktail and rear wiper delete (original parts to go with the car)
* Aftermarket coffee cup holder in centre console where ashtray sits (original ashtray to go with the car)
* Gundo exhaust
* Porsche floor mats

Huge savings available on this car being the first of the 996s- now eligible for historic registration and exemption from payment of stamp duty in Victoria as now 25 yrs old in 2023 (other States may also have same eligibility?)

Cheers

Craig

996.1 (2).jpg

I drove this car last week and it is fabulous! Craig is a VERY fastidious owner and it has been exceptionally well looked after and enhanced! ! A lot of car for not many $...

16 minutes ago, sinkman said:

I drove this car last week and it is fabulous! Craig is a VERY fastidious owner and it has been exceptionally well looked after and enhanced! ! A lot of car for not many $...

Thanks Phil.

Shame you are chasing a cab otherwise think it may have been in your garage!

21 hours ago, crsedge said:

* Manual
* 159,XXX kms
* Gundo exhaust
* Porsche floor mats

Cheers

Craig

996.1 (2).jpg

Great looking car. Thanks for the link to the rennlist forum. Have you read it? That thread has everything and I mean everything. It blows apart the accepted narrative about Porsche and the 996 from that time. I don't know what to believe anymore! It's a great read and at times quite hilarious.

Good luck with the sale!

Still available 😎

Lots of fb messenger messages and some from Carsales with repeat replies backwards and forwards, but no one has been able to view as yet due to being away.

It really is a cracking car if there are any PFA-ers out there interested in the first series manual 996 coupe :)

• 2 weeks later...