Victoria - Mansfield to Whitfield

Ardyne

1 hour ago, Redracn said:

And the recently installed 80kph speed limit on what should be and was 100kph road. 

Yes they have done the same thing to all the good roads down in western Vic (not the highways) All the potholes stop you from any spirited driving 😉 but all the tourists routes which are really good roads.

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

The BS logic is lower speed = less fuel used = less carbon (monoxide) emissions 

Except

low speed on good roads = increased frustration = increased blood pressure = increased rate of breathing = increased carbon (dioxide) emissions.

I think you'll find that both cars and humans emit CO2 rather than cars doing CO and humans doing CO2.

Human respiration is not driven by blood pressure.

Irrespective of either of those factors, I think you'd be also hard-pressed to find any conclusive evidence showing that a human could emit more CO2 through its breathing process compared to what a car engine would emit when it's running.

So slowing down a car to a better fuel efficiency will reduce the immediate carbon dioxide emissions and help save the planet. It'll also save CO2 production longer term by saving wear and tear on parts (that will have either direct or indirect CO2 produced to manufacture them) you'd need to replace sooner and more frequently if you were to be driving faster.

My response to your post might cause you to feel agitated, excitable and even angry.  Adrenaline production is likely to be increased along with your heart rate, and that will trigger faster breathing 😁

Just trying to help you understand the science a little better so you can remain calm and save the environment from any further damage caused by CO2 through your increased respiration 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Pffft...I'd run my car rich, then drive flat out just to watch the Greenies have a meltdown 😅🖕

Best thing about driving my wife’s Tesla these days it gives everyone has a meltdown. From coal rollers like you @LeeM 😝 to the whole ‘woke’ (I don’t even know what this word really means anymore) crew who hate Elon now 😂… 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Well that's a new label I've not heard of before mate 😅

I just remember seeing some funny shit on YouTube with that title … Massive diesel utes in the US who’d done I-dunno-what to them to pump out black smoke on demand 

1 hour ago, JWM said:

it gives everyone a meltdown. 

1 hour ago, Redracn said:

Someone driving an electric car in Australia calling someone the drives an ICE a coal roller 🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh the hypocrisy. 

I rest my case 🤣🤣🤣🤣