Sad & Abandoned 964 ?

smule

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I have been watching this 964 for the last 3.5 years. Over this time I have seen both mirrors disappear , tyres deflate, all the plastic fade, dash crack as well as the paint deteriating . I have left 3 notes wanting to purchase it and made several attempts at knocking on the front door with no answer every time. I have even tried slipping a note under the front door. After I gave up a mate of mine also started to leave notes but again no response. I somehow think it may be an import either from Hong Kong or England. Why the council hasn't done anything is also a mystery.

Anyway all of us who really appreciate its engineering beauty can see what an absolute waste it is to see it rotting away like that.

I don't understand why no one has complained to the local Council about an "abandoned" vehicle in the street.  In NSW and I'm confident it would be the same in Vic, that any unregistered vehicles left on the street will be "stickered" giving the owner 7 days to remove it otherwise it will be impounded. 

Generally the Council Rangers have a contract with a towing company to pick up and dispose of abandoned vehicles.  There would also be a regulation that would describe the process Council has to follow to legally do this.  In fact this process may be described on the local Council website. 

I'm not suggesting that someone should report it to the local Council and also make discrete inquires about who their contract service provider is at the same time.....  

Why doesn't someone make a complaint to the council. I lived near some apartments where a resident loved to buy junk cars and leave them on the street. It can really lower the tone of a street to have derelict cars lying around, especially when parking is at a premium. Anyway, I used to just ring council, and they would come out and put a big orange sticker on the windscreen with a time to reve the car or else. The owner either moved it or it got towed. Once towed I presume it ended up at auction.

Given that the owner - if traceable at all- doesnt care and isn't responsive - the best thing to do for this car is get it towed and then follow it through the system until it pops up at auction. Or perhaps as soon as it is towed it will have anew 'owner' that would happily part with it (not sure id that is the council or the towing co.)

I find people at council call centers or counters are quite helpful with details like what happens to an abandoned car if you drop in at a non-busy time and approach with a smile.

Actually it's all here including an on line reporting process, who the towing company is and where it will be auctioned if it is not recovered by the owner: http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/ParkingTransportandRoads/Parking/Pages/TowedaImpoundedVehicles.aspx

I was wrong about the 7 days notice though, it's only 48 hours in hard bastard Victoria before it gets towed!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going down to Melbourne in a weeks time, so going to check this monster out for myself. (Anyone want anything !)

Wonder if all the oil has run down the street by now...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

who wants to bet that it shows up on CarSales.com.au with dark, crap photos and an asking price of $65,000...........and sells in 3 days

Followed up by a thread.

Hi my name is (so and so) and i bought this 964. 

It has low ks, has been driven in over 6 years, garaged all it's life. The PO only had it for a month, he said he couldn't afford to keep it as he's moving countries. He said it has had a respray because of stone chips. 

ect ect

heres some photos. 

• 3 years later...

Archived