Sad & Abandoned 964 ?

smule

Bad930, your mention of the floods rings a somewhat dim bell in the back of my mind......I'm sure someone involved in PCV lives somewhere around there and there was a photo of their car basically in 3ft of water during that flood. I am sure it was a blue 964.

Time to research the PCV site...!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad930, your mention of the floods rings a somewhat dim bell in the back of my mind......I'm sure someone involved in PCV lives somewhere around there and there was a photo of their car basically in 3ft of water during that flood. I am sure it was a blue 964.

Time to research the PCV site..!!!

PeterP... I'm thinking Jan 2011... but there may have been another heavy rain in the year previous to that too..

I had a car which 'floated away around march 2011 in the same area. I sat in the sun for a few weeks waiting to be collected, but the payout only happened AFTER they collected it. AND the smell....... Woah, amazing, what sun, floods and carpet can create in such a short time.

If this is the same story with this car, I am not volunteering to open the door

If this sad car is in Dorcas Street - there is an Age photo of flooding from March 2010 & there could be a blue 911 in the middle of the top row. My monitor ( & eyes!!) not good enough to be positive.

A check on the VIN would show if its a statutory write-off due to flooding.

But if it hasnt moved since it went for a swim, mechanics would be rusted solid?

http://www.theage.com.au/photogallery/victoria/wild-weather-hits-melbourne-20100306-pph5.html

If this sad car is in Dorcas Street - there is an Age photo of flooding from March 2010 & there could be a blue 911 in the middle of the top row. My monitor ( & eyes!!) not good enough to be positive.

But if it hasnt moved since it went for a swim, mechanics would be rusted solid?

http://www.theage.com.au/photogallery/victoria/wild-weather-hits-melbourne-20100306-pph5.html

Yes its on Dorcas, and thats not a 964 in the photo... but I think you've confirmed my suspicions.. !!!  excellent detective work !!

Nice find! I cant make out any 911 though :(

Maybe the owner didn't have insurance? That's why it's just sitting there rotting!

No Insurance :o

mind you up here after the flood's, it was amazing how many insurance companies said-: read the fine print "no flood cover".

mind you up here after the flood's, it was amazing how many insurance companies said-: read the fine print "no flood cover".

if that's the case maybe the owner will be amenable to a quick offer of a couple of grand in cash.. i'm sure we could find our money's worth in parts from it

Geez you'd be crying.. forever! If it was mine tho, the car would have been long sold for what I could get for it  OR at the very least moved somewhere where it would be out of the weather.  I'd be off to tradie school learning to become a Porsche mechanic in my spare time!  bwahahahah and a auto elec in any other spare time I had! 

It's pretty sad either way :(

That storm in 2011 was an absolute doozie.  I have never experienced anything like it... my dogs were hiding under the coffee table as the hail sounded like it was about to smash our house down. Streets were rivers...  mother nature is the boss!

Archived