Sad & Abandoned 964 ?

smule

Looks like a dumping ground for Stuttgart's finest with a Boxter now keeping it company in the back ground.

Looks like a dumping ground for Stuttgart's finest with a Boxter now keeping it company in the back ground.

Neglect like that is just criminal.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is with the missi parts? Vandals?

I would say that car is never going to drive under its own power again. You would have to assume major mechanical issues. Sadly I think it is destined for the parts shelf. I would say rust has taken a major hold on it. If not, the Porsche engineers have done a sterling job of sealing and protecting.

Would be interesting to hear the story behind this neglect.

+1 on the story... But that car is still very repairable regardless of mechanically condition.. No porsche should be destined for the parts shelf if one can help lol.... It would be cool to cruise around with that patina...

I would not write it off just yet. I've read a couple of great stories where cars like this had a second lease of life.

Now if the motor was seized........that could be a hurdle.

Needs an enquiry made. Bet there is a good/sad story here.

And I bet it's not for sale because of that story...

Whoever knocks on the door better be wearing kevlar.  Nobody likes being taken to task over neglect of a loved one.  Maybe a wad of cash would ease the tension.

Another idea, let PCM know of it's fate.  They once replaced a Boxster rear plastic window for free as they didn't like the idea of a Porsche getting around with a sad and sorry looking taped up window. Especially one with their sticker on the back.

anyone seen the plants/moss growing out of the taillight/reflector

and the paint condition is horrible. but I bet we could get it going again (we need a fair bit of work though!)

keen to know more if someone is going to doorknock

I would say that car is never going to drive under its own power again. You would have to assume major mechanical issues. Sadly I think it is destined for the parts shelf. I would say rust has taken a major hold on it. If not, the Porsche engineers have done a sterling job of sealing and protecting.

i disagree, have rescued 964's that have sat for 5 years no trouble. providing no engine damage it would not take too much to get running, and rust may only be an issue in the doors and floor of the luggage compartment.

Hopefully the owner is also ok. Strange how the cops and council have not stepped in.

If its not reported to council, then it's only if by chance they happen across it. There was a car with no plates parked on my street directly across my driveway and was a pain reversing as the street is small. Was there for quite some time and had enough of it. Called council and they put a yellow sticker within a day

Ok... So I loitered around for about 30 mins knocked the door with no response, so I tried the neighbor who didn't seem to enthusiastic except for mentioning he's lost count of the number of people knocking his door and didn't offer any more help..

As for the car I had a real good look over it .. It's a tipper with fabric interior, last rego 06 and expired parking permits... A good look at the interior reveals traces of possible previous flood damage as the piping on the seats is all rippled and seve wear to the plastics/leatherette. I do know parts of South Melbourne where flood affected 3 or 4 years ago so that's my assumption anyway...

The car sports a Weltemeister sticker on the back window so if anyone knows the guys down there could be worthwhile asking them for a lead on the cars histroy

Anyway here's my obligatory photo.. ,

post-1013-0-34886600-1370170368_thumb.jp

I have seen this car, a client of mine lives in the townhouses directly across from it. Sad to see a car that someone would have been so excited to own sit there and perish, love to know the story why? How?

Says something for South Melbourne, leave a car like that in some areas for 5min and it would be gone!

Archived