Sad & Abandoned 964 ?

smule

Was out at South Melbourne on the weekend and spotted a very sad & abandoned looking 964 in a side street... anyone know anything about this car...has the plates 964 9XX (i dont wont to list the last two numbers)

Looks like it hasnt been moved in years .... anyone seen this car before ???

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of Hank Moody's 964 (tv series, Californication). I use to say to the misses everytime it was in a scene "I wish he would wash his car".

I loved that car......and the show

What's the word ....patina? Or just serious character!

Looks like it hasnt been moved in years .... anyone seen this car before ???

Your right hasn't been moved, seen it many a time over the years - as I park in that street if I'm off to the market or Chefs Hat.

It's depressing to see it in that state.

Imagine how much is wrong with that car. Just sitting there like that in the weather.  The paint is peeling off the bonnet, it's full of cobwebs.

Thats it - this Sat I'm going to take some photos of it.

We should pitch in and buy it a car cover - "courtesy of PFA"

car cover will just help it deteriorate more by trapping in the moisture and promoting surface rust

I'm betting with the combined skills of PFA we could bring it back - new fluids, few seals an air filter and some wiring clean ups and we'd have it running in no time

car cover will just help it deteriorate more by trapping in the moisture and promoting surface rust

I'm betting with the combined skills of PFA we could bring it back - new fluids, few seals an air filter and some wiring clean ups and we'd have it running in no time

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Is it registered?

I know it's got plates but I wonder if someone is paying the rego and insurance on it just waiting for the right person(s) to come and TAKE it off their hands.

Well if it wasnt registered you wouldnt be allowed to park it on a public street otherwise the council would impose a nice yellow sticker on your windscreen and tow you away?.. in saying that I have just tried a rego check against the number plate through Vic Roads and it says "no record found" I did notice though what looked like a parking permit on the dash...

Always been a sucker for P stories so I'll go past Saturday and knock the door .. hopefully the owner shares my passion and doesnt tell me to knick off.. lol.. Amanda might see you there !!!

Is it registered?

I know it's got plates but I wonder if someone is paying the rego and insurance on it just waiting for the right person(s) to come and TAKE it off their hands.

Expired in 2006... does have a parking permit on it, couldnt see when that expired.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Archived