Any Porsche watch guys/gals

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amanda, you wouldn't believe it; I've been actively looking for one of these for several months.  What are the chances of finding a link in a car forum of all places?  Thanks!

Here's a wrist shot of my new watch:

12475626994_bc8ac5dbc0_o.jpg

Here is a very young looking Mario Andretti wear the same watch:

12475688644_e206512710_o.jpg

Amanda, you wouldn't believe it; I've been actively looking for one of these for several months.  What are the chances of finding a link in a car forum of all places?  Thanks!

Here's a wrist shot of my new watch:

12475626994_bc8ac5dbc0_o.jpg

Here is a very young looking Mario Andretti wear the same watch:

12475688644_e206512710_o.jpg

Oh you bought that off Chris???  Cool.  You must have done that in the last few days as he still had it last week when I was in there.

LOVELY watch! Something really special I think :)

Congrats :)

Yes, I just got it today.  It's in amazing condition considering it's age.  Seemed to be priced well too comparing with O/S prices.

Yes that was a very good price compared to whats on ebay for example.  You now know you'll get your money back and practically purchased a collectible investment piece :)

I have a few Amanda.  I only became interested in watches 3 or 4 years ago.  The second "nice" watch I got was this Gulf Monaco.  In the time I've had it, it's only seen the light of day a handful of times and still has the clear protective film on the back.

hvvn.jpg

Here it is on a suitable stand:

MonacoStand.jpg

Even have the matching wall clock.  I'll mount this in the garage when I get around to it:

6aa9.jpg

I prefer the clean look of the no date, sans cyclops.

This is my all time favourite watch Doug. It's also the only one I now own (about to sell my Tudor Date-Day if anyone fancies a freshly serviced 38mm one?)  I've got a few other bits and pieces but this is it for me. Obviously with my other announcement, this fetish has had to take a back seat too. Although, collecting watches (the right watches) is a pretty good hobby if you have the funds and the foresight to pick the right pieces.  Vintage is where it's at for the most part.

Strap  not included :P

11203764416_5af1bd9bfa_c.jpg

My Date Day Tudor on blue nubuck by mmanda withers, on Flickr