Any Porsche watch guys/gals

IMG_2464.jpg

NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!    The Boxster "speed chrono" watch

Going through the watch collection this morning and found this in the box.

I don't wear the watch because it is a bit too large for me.

I have no idea how it has happened.  It has been in the watch collection box for about 5 years.

Now to try and find and then get a new band fitted 

Damn...Spewin.....

update....Paul from PCM on the case for me.....

@Niko: Is it rubber. In the end the rubber bands deteriorate anyway IME. Hopefully the maker has planned for this and you can get a replacement.

@murf: Heuer watches bring back all those 70's motorsport images. Not the same watch but there is this in Melb.

http://www.thewatchgallery.com.au/shop/heuer-1970s-ref-2446-manual-valjoux-72-chronograph-autavia-on-original-bracelet/

@Niko: Is it rubber. In the end the rubber bands deteriorate anyway IME. Hopefully the maker has planned for this and you can get a replacement.

It is rubber Doug, with the inside of the band designed in a tyre tread pattern.   I really can't see how it has happened.   Rubber is in as brand new condition it has been in a box hidden away for five years and probably worn two maybe three times in it's life.  looking at the band you would say it is in perfect condition with no deterioration.  Strange..... I will give you a look at it when we catch up.  

PCM are making enquiries in the USA for me, I have also sent off a couple of emails over there.   

I wish you all the best with that one Niko.. I know the watch has sentimental value, so here's hoping you can get it fixed easily!

Niko and I were chatting about his lovely vintage Seiko 6139-6002 Chronograph. So I got to looking at vintage Seikos online.   Some of the Seikos made in the 1970s were really cool, for example:

7016-5001 - now I love this one.. I'll be on the hunt for one of these as alternative to Heuer Monaco

936956d1358340086-lets-see-your-vintage-

6138-0040 "Bullhead

927363d1357546688-lets-see-your-vintage-

Seiko 6138

951300d1359329032-lets-see-your-vintage-

1976. Seiko 6138-0030 Speedtimer

707923d1336950946-lets-see-your-vintage-

Like the air-cooled 911s we all love - I think you'll agree these old Seikos ooze the same sort of style and iconic status! Best part is they don't cost a fortune!

Whoo Hoo, dats what i'm talking bout!!!!

don't know what came first, "Porsche's" or "Rolex" all within months

first Porsche age 24

first Rolex age 24

28 years later still smitten with both............

IMG_1574.jpg

Whoo Hoo, dats what i'm talking bout!!!!

don't know what came first, "Porsche's" or "Rolex" all within months

first Porsche age 24

first Rolex age 24

28 years later still smitten with both............

IMG_1574.jpg

Nice I see a 116520, 16710, 16570, 14060M and an Air-King!

Great collection Porsche!

WOW Amanda, your on the ball, you must be into "Rolex's"

At one point or another I've owned them all bah a Daytona!

Love Rolex, they are brilliant watches. I don't have any now as I had to part with some things to buy my Porsche. I'll get another in the future:)

Rolex is an amazing company too :) still private and donates its wealth to charity. They make a million watches a year and they all get sold - well to Authorised Dealers that is, from there they might sit around! I'm sure many people don't know this about Rolex.

Girly NATO's....whatever is the world coming to!    :ph34r:

I used to have a black and pink bond nato.  One of my friends is color blind and went thru a phase of collecting vintage Rolex watches (as you do) so I have given the strap to a mutual watch dealer friend hoping we can get him wearing it as he won't know it's pink!

And if he reads this thread - I'm sooo busted!