Any Porsche watch guys/gals

Iconic... just like Porsche!

F36ED988-D30B-4461-B497-F0382AA7BA53_zps

I have wanted one of these for may years. i walked into the Rolex shop on the Gold Coast in August to buy one only to be told 'we only carry them in white gold'. I didn't bother asking the price.

Hey Ben...  Rolex upgraded the 14060M no date sub to the super case ceramic version around 1 - 2 years ago, now known as the 114060.  It retails for a bit under $8000 in stainless steel.

I highly recommend you finding a used example for around $4000 - $5000 and save some $.  These are one of the most popular Rolexs ever made and subsequently.  hold their value incredibly well.

Keep an eye on  www.thewatchgallery.com.au   he's in Melbourne, but will ship watches up to you. He's a very good guy.

You can also keep an eye Brisbane Vintage Watches as well, plus the sister site Sydney Vintage Watches

Yeah the new one has the ceramic bezel and the updated strap, the older models have original straps that date from the 50's.. and felt awfully weak to me.. but I am sure that's just perception.

some of the older models are really collectable and are super expensive.

Yeah the new one has the ceramic bezel and the updated strap, the older models have original straps that date from the 50's.. and felt awfully weak to me.. but I am sure that's just perception.

some of the older models are really collectable and are super expensive.

The new Submariner and Deep Sea models are absolute engineering masterpieces.  The clasp on the Deep Sea is just brilliant with it's ability to micro adjust the sizing... it's an incredibly clever design. 

All of the new models have totally solid bracelets, however, when worn correctly ie not like a loose floppy bracelet the older models will last for many many years.  As with everthing, look after it and keep it clean.  A dirty bracelet will wear out quickly as the small dirt particles act like sand in the small links of the bracelet, grinding away at the steel. 

The 16600 Sea Dweller has solid end link bracelet is a super tough watch. Also a good option for Ben if he's after the Sub look. In fact, I'd highly recommend the SD.. its a cracker of a watch.

A sports Rolex, is currency in any place in the world and can't be beat for value.  Much better investment than a water cooled Porsche :P  :D  :P

This was a stunning watch!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Heuer-Camaro-Champion-Spark-Plug-Logo-Very-Rare-/331143560812?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=V2Iywef4SzLl6xRxcu1ANMHI8Ow%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I am currently looking for a 60's / 70's Heuer watch - blue panda face - but was tempted on with the champion.

I love watches, but I don't have the scratch for a collection...

I may have mentioned this before, but google "Seiko 5".

Nicely made watches that are automatic, water resistant, shock resistant with day and date. These are the (five) features that Seiko label with the "5". You'll find everything from dressy watches to 100m water resist models and everything in between - literally hundreds of designs. Among others, I own a Seiko 5. It keeps excellent time, I like the way it looks, and (IMO) watches that are mechanical devices are way cooler than watches that use a quartz movement.

A watch habit doesn't have to consist of Omega/Rolex/Patek/Breitling etc. to the exclusion of all others.

here's a lovely Heuer remake..

373051_209827462486584_1455588623_q.jpg
Liked · 18 hours ago 

Brand: Tag Heuer
Style: Casual Sport
Circa: 2012
Model #: ref.CV2119
Case Material: Stainless steel
Case Details: 41mm round
Strap/Bracelet: Original black with red trim perforated calf on steel deployment buckle
Movement: Automatic chronograph date cal.17
Dial: Mint silver with black sub-dials
Hands: Mint steel with red chronograph hand
Paraphernalia: Only original box included
Grading: Near mint
Price: AU$4195.00
http://www.thewatchgallery.com.au/shop/tag-heuer-ref-cv2119-limited-edition-jack-heuer-41mm-carrera-chronograph-in-perfect-condition/

1621852_419411398194855_1607234226_n.jpg