Any Porsche watch guys/gals

Some interesting gear on here: http://www.watchismo.com/

There sure is.  One of my Facebook friends in the US has a Devon   I'm not sure what to make of it. And I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the price of them. Many other watches I'd go for before a Devon for that $   I'd prefer a vintage double red Sea Dweller or a Daytona of some sort I think.

be warned if you try and bring in exotic leather (croc etc) as customs will most likely confiscate them.

You are a glass half empty type eh?    And yes they will - but something needs to flag the package for them to look at it, like them having on their books the name of the sender  or a honest declaration on the outside of the package. 

You are a glass half empty type eh? And yes they will - but something needs to flag the package for them to look at it, like them having on their books the name of the sender or a honest declaration on the outside of the package.

That's not entirely true, having worked for quarantine and being in the Sydney mail centre, albeit some years back, the name and address isn't high on the list unless they have intel or a history, imagine having to check every address for a certain person. Fun to watch the dogs go over every letter for organic material....

That's not entirely true, having worked for quarantine and being in the Sydney mail centre, albeit some years back, the name and address isn't high on the list unless they have intel or a history, imagine having to check every address for a certain person. Fun to watch the dogs go over every letter for organic material....

Sorry, I meant that the sender is known to Customs.  One of the online stores I know of was having issues sending parcels into Australia and other European Countries as it seems they know he was sending banned leathers in. If he sends it from a different address, they are successfully delivered.  So that is what I based my comments on.  Nice to hear from someone that used to work in a mail room. Must be an interesting place to work... given what I've seen on Border Security :)

It would be fun to see the dogs in action :)  

be warned if you try and bring in exotic leather (croc etc) as customs will most likely confiscate them.

When I bought my iwc classic pilot, I had the vendor put a nylon strap and post the original croc strap separately...

It looked cool with the nylon army style strap but suffice to say the croc one went one pretty quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of any good shops in Singapore for good deals on watches? Wife is off to Germany with a long stopover in SNG and wants to go watch shopping. I am getting an itch for an IWC Pilot and she wants a casual Tag that has taken her fancy. She was planning on heading down to Hour Glass but if anyone has any other recommendations it would be great.

There's a watch shop every 50m on Orchard road...

;-)

If you like IWC then a visit to the boutique in Ion is a must. Just pick a watch and bargain and walk around is my advice, so many shops to ask.

There's a watch shop every 50m on Orchard road...

;-)

If you like IWC then a visit to the boutique in Ion is a must. Just pick a watch and bargain and walk around is my advice, so many shops to ask.

Yeah I know and that is where she is heading. I rang the hourglass tonight and they have the Tag she wants as well as the Big Pilot. Their pricing on IWC is a big OTT. They offered 15% on the tag (SNG$5700) and 12% on the pilot (SNG$22500 - same watch in Tourneau is USD$15400 and they arent cheap).

So I thought if people had any good shops they have dealt with it would eliminate her just pointlessly walking from shop to shop........

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of any good shops in Singapore for good deals on watches? Wife is off to Germany with a long stopover in SNG and wants to go watch shopping. I am getting an itch for an IWC Pilot and she wants a casual Tag that has taken her fancy. She was planning on heading down to Hour Glass but if anyone has any other recommendations it would be great.

Please tell her to visit Passions Watches at the Funan Centre (near Raffles Hotel). Passions deals in traded watches of all brands and is very popular with us locals. Most of the local chinese trade their watches every 6 months coz they're obsessed with have new and latest stuff.

Please tell her to visit Passions Watches at the Funan Centre (near Raffles Hotel). Passions deals in traded watches of all brands and is very popular with us locals. Most of the local chinese trade their watches every 6 months coz they're obsessed with have new and latest stuff.

Thanks for that - will most likely be over there soon - who knows might even be relocating over there time will tell......

• 2 months later...

I found these the other day, ordered myself 2 and thought some of you guys might like a Nato  like this as well!

When mine arrive, I'll post a pic of one fitted to my Tudor.

The Le Mans Nato

http://natostrapsco.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/the-le-mans-nato-strap-w-matte-hardware-stitched

here we go found a pic

lemans_1024x1024.jpg?v=1392756435

Hello, my name's Barks and I'm a watchaholic! Several Tag Heuers, a few Hamiltons, a couple of Oris's, U-Boat, and quite a few others! I'm currently on the hunt for a Chopard Chrono GT XL with the white face..but my Cayman S is currently taking all of my watch funds!

Nice strap Amanda - I just read back through the thread as I haven't kept up with it.... Elephant leather for a strap? Yikes.

I'm loving that Hamilton you posted back in April, I'm on a bit of a blue kick at the moment and it looks awesome .... must .... put .... credit card .... away.

Nice strap.

Not the typical utalitarian NATO look.

I found these the other day, ordered myself 2 and thought some of you guys might like a Nato like this as well!

When mine arrive, I'll post a pic of one fitted to my Tudor.

The Le Mans Nato

http://natostrapsco.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/the-le-mans-nato-strap-w-matte-hardware-stitched

here we go found a pic

lemans_1024x1024.jpg?v=1392756435

Hello, my name's Barks and I'm a watchaholic! Several Tag Heuers, a few Hamiltons, a couple of Oris's, U-Boat, and quite a few others! I'm currently on the hunt for a Chopard Chrono GT XL with the white face..but my Cayman S is currently taking all of my watch funds!

Welcome Barks! Sounds like you've got a great collection going on there :) we love pics here by the way.

GDay Barks... nice to meet you.

I recently got a new watch... a custom Watch U Seek forum watch, a Seagull Tourbillion movement in a custom case with a blue face.

I should take some photos

Oh I saw that on WUS, cool stuff. Yes please post a photo I'd love to see it.

One thing I am going to do when I get my work payout is add another watch to my very small collection. I've been infatuated with the vintage GMT Master by Rolex the 16753 two tone with the nipple dial - this might be my next I think.

Here's Giorgia Mondani's one from Mondani Books - she wears it well

rolex-ref-16753-giorgia-mondani.jpg