Any Porsche watch guys/gals

Looks the biz Alex.

I would do the same if I hadn't found a Becker Mexico.

I believe the PO of your car is quite the horologist and would have been proud.

Thanks D-Banger

The Blaupunkt Frankfurt originally fitted to my car didn't pick up stations very well, so I didn't mind removing it.  What you can't see in my photo is the mini amplifier with MP3 player input hidden behind the dash - it works really well and required no cutting/splicing of any original wires, I just made a little plug-and-play adapter harness.

When I first inspected my car, I recall the PO complimented whichever vintage Heuer I was wearing on the day and mentioned he was also into watches, with a particular interest in military pieces.

I've recently added 2 modern (to me) watches to my collection.  The first is a Swiss made Lator manual winder that my Gradma gave my Grandpa for his 54th birthday in 1972.  It has a few scratches on the crystal, and needs a new band, and it still runs like new. 

The second is a Swiss 1969-70 Roamer Popular manual wind.  It's been restored.  I got it cheap. 

http://Lator_zps08oeckhq.jpg

http://Roamer%20Popular_zpsnyaq4nvu.jpg

Neither are exotic watches by any means.  All of my other watches & clocks are pre 1920.

I bought it on the web.  Can't wait to get it.  I just hope it's as good as what it was described as.  Otherwise, there'll be trouble!  And we don't want that.  Roamer watches were quite utilitarian in their day.  One of the more popular international watch collector website rates them as the best ST96 movement ever built, and one that would be at home in the best of dress watches.

The other watch needs a new band, as it's a bit tight on my wrist.  Pop was a fairly skinny dude.

• 2 weeks later...

Incoming!  Wanted one of these speedtimers from Seiko for ages, sold a few bits and pieces and jumped on before they disappear.

SCED023 Seiko Spirit Speedtimer designed by Giugiaro who also designed the watch worn by Ripley in Aliens.

Here's a pic of it

3BEACC58-9089-47F0-9118-80522F699835_zps

You can still find some on eBay.  I'm pretty sure this is one of 2500 produced. It's quartz to if that bothers anyone. My only quartz watch.

I love these retro styled Seikos.. too cool

Click here for an example on eBay

That's a cool looking watch Amanda.  What's the deal with the asymmetrical case? It almost looks like it would be more comfortable when worn on your right hand.

By the way, nothing wrong with quartz watches, here are a few of mine:

HeuerDivers_x3_zps13710cf1.jpg

oooh Alex I like your Heuer diver collection, they are sweeeeet!!!

Oh and I totally agree re Quartz. it's so convenient just picking them up and going, no messing about with setting them etc  My Tudor Date-Day with its non-quickset date drives me mental to set!

Citizen and Seiko were doing all kinds of crazy things with their case design in the 60s. Like the bullheads etc  this is just another variation I suppose. It's quite comfy, its light and sits fine on the wrist.

I traded my Panerai last week to, after having it in Switzerland for 4 months brand new due to the case back being out of alignment (making the crown tight when winding it)  I just lost faith in the brand. And they just increased prices by 15% across the board, just silly money for this brand I think.  Back to a Rolex 16610 Submariner Date again. The old trusty. And a few $$$ back in the bank too :)

Very nice Seiko Amanda!

I've put that Ebay listing into my watch list for the near future.

Re the Bullheads you mention. I'm VERY keen to buy one, preferably a Citizen, yet am reluctant to buy any on Ebay from India or Thailand for fear of being ripped off.

If you know of, or come across any here in Oz, please let me know.

Very nice Seiko Amanda!

Re the Bullheads you mention. I'm VERY keen to buy one, preferably a Citizen, yet am reluctant to buy any on Ebay from India or Thailand for fear of being ripped off.

Will do Lee. Most of these watches coming out of India and Thailand have repainted dials and are mashed together from parts. But there is some legit ones on eBay.

My link was just an example too. Not where I got mine from.

Very nice Seiko Amanda!

Here's one from the UK - looks great with the orange dial!

• 2 weeks later...

[RANT]

I have a dislike for these fake dials.  It's one thing to put a Heuer sticker on the window of your car, quite another to place one on the clock.  Heuer didn't make your clock (not you Amanda) so don't claim they did.  It's no different to wearing a $100 fake Rolex.

[/RANT]

Here's my now complete Heuer Rally-Master:

HeuerRallyMaster_1_zpszitxfto5.jpg

...and here it is mounted on the dash:

On_The_Dash_Heuer_911_zpsgstd551c.jpg

Alex.

RESPEK !Talk us through those Heuers, they are Steve McQueen cool.

I have seen Heuer stopwatches on ebay for $400-$1000+, a lot of white face but more limited in the Monte Carlo black face. Was this a relatively easy task to assemble this great combo or the work of a years dedicated searching? Finished cost? Feel free to pm me if you don't feel like disclosing to the world.

It would also be great to see a few more interior shots, I really like the look of those seats. That is a nice rig you have there.

The best source of info on vintage Heuers is here: On The Dash.

Basically, the timers fitted to my car are designed to be dash mounted, as opposed to hand held stopwatches.  Heuer were one of the most prolific (hand held) stop watch manufacturers in the 1960's, 70's, and to a lesser degree early 80's.  Most of the $100-$600 timers you see advertised are hand held models that may have been adapted to mount on a dash board.  

The proper dash mounted timers are a little rarer, thus commanding higher prices; over $1000 as you state.

It probably took me around 6 months of searching to find the two timers "at a fair price" and get a twin mounting plate for them but you could probably buy a set tomorrow if money was no object.

As for the seats, they're BF Torino Rally ST.  The Australian distributor, Phil, is a member here.