Any Porsche watch guys/gals

Such a great thread! I must admit however that I have had to skip to the end as I'm currently at work.

Just wanted to list a few fav brands of mine:

- Ball

- Baume and Mercier

- Miestersinger - not sure if they have been mentioned in this thread, but their single handed watches are purely beautiful. Especially the new green face one that has popped up recently on their facebook page.

I have recently joined a mailing list of the clockmaker in Sydney and he is always selling good quality new and 2nd hand watches.

I cannot for the life of me get pics on this forum (via photobucket, but that's for another thread).

I'm looking forward to finding time to read this thread in full..as I am in the market for a new watch. My cheap but reliable Zietner is showing it's age.

• 2 months later...

Such a great thread! I must admit however that I have had to skip to the end as I'm currently at work.

Just wanted to list a few fav brands of mine:

- Ball

- Baume and Mercier

- Miestersinger - not sure if they have been mentioned in this thread, but their single handed watches are purely beautiful. Especially the new green face one that has popped up recently on their facebook page.

I have recently joined a mailing list of the clockmaker in Sydney and he is always selling good quality new and 2nd hand watches.

I cannot for the life of me get pics on this forum (via photobucket, but that's for another thread).

I'm looking forward to finding time to read this thread in full..as I am in the market for a new watch. My cheap but reliable Zietner is showing it's age.

oh my clockmaker is a real douche. His watches are over priced. I can't be bothered with his nonsense.   Check out the following 

www.thewatchgallery.com.au

www.watchgallery.com.au

www.watchtime.com.au

www.watchtrader.com.au

www.vintagewatchco.com.au

i have personal experience with all of these stores and have bought one or more watches from them  The first store is run by Chris LaGalle and over the years I've come to call him a friend. He calls a spade a spade, honest and stand up guy, sells quality watches and stands by his products. He's a super nice guy too. 

But it all the other dealers are good too!

• 1 month later...

Wore a Hublot for years , all I can say is , worked on cars , garden and more and even with a few nicks and scratches , sold it for only 20% less than I paid 12+ years later great watch.

In the past 8 years been wearing a vintage Breitling.. lots a looks .. much smaller price tag but nice

CIMG7799_zpsys7racgz.jpg

Bought my dream watch on for my 40th … still nice but the services can be expensive. in porsche territory.. not fitting with my move to the beach lifestyle

Thinking of swapping it for a nice Panerai or IWC Pilot Chrono

images-2_zpsseoovk8s.jpeg

Im slowly getting to read many of the great threads in ths forum 

Edited by symsy

I do like the older Breitling , not a big fan of modern watches or cars for that matter ! I used to believe wearing a watch over a couple of K was crazy but now some of my vintage collection are over 10k , madness !URL] This is one of my beaters , yet still gone up a lot.

1ae414a826977b37a6cc809223a5fe67.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes picked it up yesterday, there was not one modern watch I liked. Not sure witch way that reflects ?

Once you get to the needing reading glasses stage (some people remain in denial) the fancy extra features of so many modern timepieces are unuseable , if they ever were . Need a stopwatch? $5 delivered, works fine and you can actually see the numbers in sunlight etc etc

Simple, analog  & stylish is good enough for the most contemporary J Bond

neu-james-bond-uhr-omega-spectre-2015-ne

I've been orderd to buy a watch for 20 years' service at work. So I went simple. The fifths of a second markings will come in handy during this aths season.

SRP715K_0.png

What pointless piece of expensive shit 

Once you get to the needing reading glasses stage (some people remain in denial) the fancy extra features of so many modern timepieces are unuseable , if they ever were . Need a stopwatch? $5 delivered, works fine and you can actually see the numbers in sunlight etc etc

I've been orderd to buy a watch for 20 years' service at work. So I went simple. The fifths of a second markings will come in handy during this aths season.

SRP715K_0.png

Ha. Must be a sign of age, sorry I mean maturity.

I've done very similar upgrading an older watch to a new one that actually tells the time! 

SRP715K_0.png

That's a nice looking watch.  Classic and simple.  Seiko have some really nice timepieces.

I'm hearing you about the eyesight thing.  I have trouble reading my chronograph dials these days, so I've just bought myself a nice Citizen Ecodrive for Christmas.

Nice Stew, which model? I have a titanium Promaster (my fave) and 3 other eco drives, plus 2 or 3 other Citizens which is my favourite 'affordable' brand.

I should have bought the Titanium Satellite I negotiated a grand off retail price earlier this year, yet common sense had me save the cash for the 912. I still nearly bought it on monthly instalmemts I wanted it so badly. Maybe next year. 

Nice Stew, which model? I have a titanium Promaster (my fave) and 3 other eco drives, plus 2 or 3 other Citizens which is my favourite 'affordable' brand.

I should have bought the Titanium Satellite I negotiated a grand off retail price earlier this year, yet common sense had me save the cash for the 912. I still nearly bought it on monthly instalmemts I wanted it so badly. Maybe next year. 

Just a mid range dress watch for wearing out.  This is my second non manual wind mechanical watch now.  I'm moving into the 20th century.

http://c04.coacdn.com/watchesWPC/BM6759-03E_large.jpg

I just picked this up yesterday.  Very happy with the watch and the seller's reason for sale.  Money going towards the purchase of a 928!

Montreal_1920x1080_3_zpspsmpzhes.jpg

Congrats very nice Heuer. looks to be in good original condition as well. There is a Heuer sit http://www.onthedash.com good people and some fine watches to buy. 

Autavis D hands.jpg

Edited by Spannerhead

Thanks D-banger and Spannerhead.  Those first gen Autavias are pretty special.

The Heuer Montreal was an eBay find and only a 40 minute drive to pick it up (I took the 911T of course). This particular one, ref. 110.503NC, is better known as the "Stefan Bellof" model, named after the factory Porsche 956, and Tyrrell F1 driver who also wore the same model.  There's a great write up  HERE.