Any Porsche watch guys/gals

Nice Heuer mate!

On a happy note for me, I got a full refund for the fake Citizen Bullhead I bought from Ebay.

He swears he has documentation that it's legit, but so many things didn't add up when I looked into it.

Last time I buy a watch from Ebay without seeing it first!

I'm now down to one good watch.. and it's a bit of a ripper.  A Speedmaster 3572.50  with the hesalite and sapphire caseback ;)

Its sure a nice watch. I'd never had one before.  And usually I don't like manual winds, but this one is is very easy to live with.

I'm still not working, hence the reduction in 'toys' :(  

I'm now down to one good watch.. and it's a bit of a ripper.  A Speedmaster 3572.50  with the hesalite and sapphire caseback ;)

Its sure a nice watch. I'd never had one before.  And usually I don't like manual winds, but this one is is very easy to live with.

I'm still not working, hence the reduction in 'toys' :(

Very nice Amanda!

Two of my Seikos (Seiki?) have clear backs...it's like watching something alive.

Fond as I am of mechanical watches, I'm not sure that I could live with a manual wind watch.

Was digging through old trunks full of stuff from past and found a 60's Omega Speedmaster Professional is fair condition.

Anyone have idea what it's worth?

I'll pay you more then the other guy

:)

Seriously, it can be worth a LOT

So I'll give you $300 for it

:ph34r:

Okay I'll get a pic if I can ... here's a "funny" backstory - it's actually my wives ... it was given to her 25 years ago by an ex boyfriend and she still has it.

Because of the kind of guy I am, I wanted to smash it with a hammer, but we may have reached a compromise to sell it and give the money to charity.

Speaking of Speedies, here's my 30th anniversary moon landing model.

The inscription on the back recalls Neil Armstrong's immortal words, "Hello Houston, Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed".

Speedy30thAnn_2.jpg

Wrist shot fitted with a Hirsh strap

Speedy30thAnn_3.jpg

Here it is fitted with a genuine Omega rally strap, and new 1171/633 bracelet in the foreground

Speedy_and_1171.jpg

Speaking of Speedies, here's my 30th anniversary moon landing model.

The inscription on the back recalls Neil Armstrong's immortal words, "Hello Houston, Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed".

Speedy30thAnn_2.jpg

Wrist shot fitted with a Hirsh strap

Speedy30thAnn_3.jpg

Here it is fitted with a genuine Omega rally strap, and new 1171/633 bracelet in the foreground

Speedy_and_1171.jpg

When I get a job, I want to get that strap.. looks great :D

I mean really, does it get much better than this?

FADC5022-CF95-42AF-917C-0811FD22722F_zps

And winding it is a breeze, 20 or 30 turns a day and she's done. Cant over wind it. I've had manual unitas movement Panerais and found them to be a real pain in the butt, but this watch is different and isn't like that.

On a suigeneric canvas strap

24A9B2FD-8E2B-4E0B-8385-5835DE16D9BB_zps

And on a custom made blue nubuck

64EFA141-AB25-494D-BBB7-00320C99F11E_zps

There must be half a dozen or more Speedies on PFA,  I know Doug and Simon have one each plus the ones in this thread.

Did someone say Bullhead?

This is my old girl.  Probably the favorite of my watches. 

IMG_5524_zpsvidljkn1.jpg

I was recently looking at one of these, yet after my recent fake Citizen purchase/refund, I'm staying clear of buying online at the moment.

Nice watch though mateski!

Always a risk, but sellers with A LOT of good feedback history are the ones to engage.

Bought this one 3 years ago and paid too much (at the time) subsequently it was cheap!

Just checked out that famous auction site, wow prices have risen!

ELSPORTO - does the Speedy Auto run well?  it's a  $1000 - $1500 watch depending on the condition. Popular model :)

Thanks Amanda, it appears to run okay but I've only glanced at it on the odd occasion.

$1,000 to $1,500 huh? Pah - I think I'll go back to plan A....  :D