Any Porsche watch guys/gals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now here's a nice Heuer Dash Clock for your air-cooled 911!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Clock-911-early-RS-RSR-ST-Heuer-Style-Chronograph-1973-Uhr-VDO-/141566705259?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20f6087e6b&vxp=mtr

Too cool and better than the non-working fake Heuer Chrono Singer put in their cars and charge you $2500 for the privilege!

That'll teach me - this is a fakey too!

That'll teach me - this is a fakey too!

[RANT]

I have a dislike for these fake dials.  It's one thing to put a Heuer sticker on the window of your car, quite another to place one on the clock.  Heuer didn't make your clock (not you Amanda) so don't claim they did.  It's no different to wearing a $100 fake Rolex.

[/RANT]

I totally agree with you Alex69T and the fact that Singer charge $2500 for a non-working fake rip off Chrono and put it in their cars is nothing short of disgraceful.

It's a copyright infringement. It is stealing.

There's even people out there now printing off fake historical Rolex manuals for vintage Rolex sports watches. So finding a genuine period correct Heuer sticker would be a hard thing to find and harder again to ensure it was the real deal.

I think if I was going to put a period correct clock in the car, I'd either rebuild existing one or buy something a bit different.. or get the Heuer dash stop watches - cool as!

.. or get the Heuer dash stop watches - cool as!

As it so happens, that's exactly what I'm working on at the moment.  Just waiting for the new old stock 24H Heuer Master-Time clock to clear customs (although the standard clock in my car is now working well after a service).

Here's what I have so far:

Heuer_MonteCarlo_zps527c575e.jpg

That's super cool.  I've been helping out Chris at  www.thewatchgallery.com.au and he has 3 of these Heuer timers in his display case, I must ask him tomorrow if they are for sale.  If they are is anyone here interested in knowing about them?  If so, I'll take pics and post them for you guys.

He also has quite a few motoring inspired watches in stock - About 5 nice Chopards, including Mille Miglias which are sooo nice!  Not on his site yet but will be soon.

Hi Amanda,

I'm keen to know/see pics of the Heuer timers.

I have been admiring the GMT "Coke" at your shop since it was listed ;)

They aren't for sale! He is a bit of a hoarder sometimes BUT mostly he just loves Horology and anything associated with it.

He does have a few Heuer Vintage pieces coming up for sale soon, he's just got to have them assessed etc. Once they are officially ready, I'll let you guys know.

Arthur - I really like the Fusion. Prob due to the Gerald Genta design cues, and the Royal Oak and Nautilus are out my league $$

Well in the old reference 16710 you have the  all black bezel,  coke ie red and black and the pepsi red and blue.

They also have a green version in the sold gold GMT Master II Ceramic with green dial.

And have only just,  this year finally released the pepsi ceramic bezel but it only comes in sold white gold $43,000 worth  thank you very much (oh and Rolex are about to have a price increase starting at 8% and going higher on some models). Awesome watch, it's heavy as and it's just devine.. understated bling!

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading all the posts on this thread after chancing upon it.

Been a long time watch buff and have built up a small collection consisting mainly of dress watches from PP, JLC, AP, Corum, Jules Jurgensen, Piaget, Chopard etc...

Mainly like the vintage ones with embellishments.

Below is just a shot of what I wore today & my fav. Cellini because as you notice Cellini is not inscribed on the guilloche dial. Both are mens watches btw but by todays standards would be classified as women's.

Some how I think Amanda will appreciate these more than others. :rolleyes:

20150303_163143_zpshmpdwqha.jpg

20150303_163451_zpsqntwubay.jpg

Nice collection you  have HH1 - I really like mens watches tho and with the less embellishments the better :)

I've been volunteering my services at The Watch Gallery in Melbourne to pass the time whilst I look for a job and have been handling some amazing pieces!  Patek perpetual calendars in rose and yellow gold yesterday!  Droool

Although I have had my eye on a Audemars Piquet Royal Oak Dual Time lately. I keep wondering if I'd be happy with it if I traded my Panerai PAM392 on it and added some funds from another watch sale I did.

But.. it's probably NOT the time to do such things!  :P

I'm not sure if i like watches or cars more. Probably depends on the day...

Actually for today - I like watches more.  Panerai prices in Aus went up 15% across the board last week. And this week Rolex increased prices from 8% and upwards on all their models.

So other than classic air-cooled 911s - the right watch might be the better investment!

Here's my now complete Heuer Rally-Master:

HeuerRallyMaster_1_zpszitxfto5.jpg

...and here it is mounted on the dash:

On_The_Dash_Heuer_911_zpsgstd551c.jpg

Looks the biz Alex.

I would do the same if I hadn't found a Becker Mexico.

I believe the PO of your car is quite the horologist and would have been proud.

Amanda,

I like the watch brands you are referring but not the models. To me they seem to be just too large. They look more like altimeters rather than watches. 

I like the idea of watches being similar to jewellery, beautifully crafted and elegant to wear not something which weighs down the wrist. Remember the times when watch makers strived to make watches as thin as possible to aid the comfort of the wearer. 

I suppose its with all things today just look at the early 356's vs todays 911. Todays car is virtually 150% of what it was then ( I suppose some people are also the same). 

Anyway this was what I wore today. its from the 1930's and surrounded with single cut diamonds.

Jules%20Jurgensen_zpsuv7wvchr.jpg

Cheers,

Sohan