Any Porsche watch guys/gals

• 3 months later...

I'd love a Tag, yet theyre too pricey for me.

I was onsite a while ago,  and the client had a load of Tag's (I'm talking 30 or 40), new and fake. Anyway, he asked me to pick one from his collection, and sold this one below to me for $50. I know its a fake, and I shouldn't encourage buying them, but I had to have it, as I just loved it. It really does look good, and the attention to detail is brilliant. I tried to buy his fake Monaco, but he wouldnt budge from $200

20160205_153729_1.jpg

20160205_154354_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the look of the Omega Speedmaster, must stop looking at this thread.

This is my little collection. Had the Seiko since the mid 70's, the TAG F1 & 2000 series since the early 90's.

My wife bought me the Tag Carrera as a surprise 50th birthday present a few years ago. She had wrapped it up in a 1/18 scale model car box so I wouldn't guess what the present was, nearly brought tears to my eyes when I opened the model box. My 2 daughters always remind me of that night at the restaurant when I opened my present, I have 3 great women in my life:D

watches.jpg

watch.jpg

I always like looking at the back of the Carrera, I think as car guys & gals we appreciate the pure mechanical brilliance of the watch mechanism.

watch%20.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, how have I not came across this thread before. so many beauties. 

I've only started to get into watches since the beginning of this year. nothing to extreme though. 

I come here with a question, I know you can go to any jeweller and ask for a better price and you can get 10-20% off depending on the brand ect. 
But can you do that in a second hand shop like "The Watch Gallery" ?
I haven't had to buy a second hand watch before, so i'm not to sure. 

Many Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

My daily oyster perpetual 1952

IMG_0437_zpsgb2vtvef.jpg

was given to my dad for his 21st by his mum so holds lots of sentimental value. Original metal band has gone and replaced with a Tudor leather and original Rolex buckle I sourced. I will eventually try and find a period correct band. It had sat in his draw for 20 years so I had it restored for him and he told me to keep it (nice) now wear it daily and get plenty of comments on it.

Edited by Tips

Nice, always thought the Porsche watches were cool!

Watches are one of my things.   Add me to the list of Speedy owners :) 

IMG_1360_zpsp3jjunzl.jpg

IMG_2139_zpso95yfxdd.jpg

Sub no date on strap

IMG_2147_zpspshvn7vj.jpg

IMG_2142_zpskal7ydpr.jpg

I've also got a vintage date just (like this one) which is in for service at the moment.

RX16014-SILV-26-02_zpspzdakp1r.jpg

There's so much nice stuff out there watch wise.  I'm considering a Rolex Explorer or GMT Pepsi next or another Panerai (PAM590)