Any Porsche watch guys/gals

I'm happy as I finally got Kate wearing a real watch!  Usually she was wearing some G-Shock Minis I got from Japan.

Now she's wearing a 36mm Seiko Diver SKX013K on a rubber strap!  I'm so proud :D She is even making an effort to wear it as often as she can so it doesn't stop. I've even seen her sitting there slowly rocking it back and forth to wind it :)

FedroH-July2007b.jpg

They are very nice!! Love the one that Cuong has on the FB page.

Are they hard to have repaired if something goes wrong? Reason I ask is I have a Seiko Bell-Matic that I had serviced. It runs great but there's a issue with the main plate and the quick set date feature no longer works. Subsequently I can't be bothered setting the bloody thing. Alarm works nicely on it. But the button just pulls straight out of the case. Scared I'll lose it. Put me off them if so hard to fix. Watchmaker (a friend) couldn't find a new plate. They don't make them.

Not sure Amanda. I'm very new to older watches, and have only started looking into them since reading this thread.

Someone like me that doesn't know what is what, and what value a particular watch is, can be ripped off pretty quickly.

I usually impulse buy coz I like the look of a particular watch, and don't do any homework

I've seen some Bullheads go for anywhere from $300 US to $2000 US, yet I'm reluctant to buy from overseas, especially Thailand or India in case they're a fake.

Haven't seen one in Oz yet, but will be looking around soon. I SHOULD be saving my cash to finish the 912!

Thanks for the welcome Amanda  :D

Orion, judging by the way the light reflects on the front (hesalite not sapphire), sapphire back, and wording on the back ("First Watch" as opposed to "First and Only") I'd say we have exactly the same model 3572.50.  You have excellent taste my friend  :P

So I FINALLY found a reasonably rare Citizen Bullhead 'Octagon' in Oz after looking for any kind of Bullhead for few months.

I jumped on it. paid via EFT, seller great to deal with and just have to wait for delivery day. Very happy

Smug git here then gets on to Ebay looking at other vintage watches straight after I do the transfer, and what pops up? A gold Bullhead about 5 km's from home. Grrr!

Yeah pretty stoked actually Amanda.

I hope to have it by the end of next week and will post up a pic or 2

I've contacted the other seller to see if we can do something with the gold one, as I'm probably going to sell a few of my newer watches to buy some older ones. Kinda got the retro/vintage watch bug at the moment