Show us your garage, or where "beloved" sleeps.......

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is impressive!  Care to share what metal will go in it... ;)

Nothing overly special at the moment, just various euro-barges. Have long been a car nut though so when the opportunity came along to double down on garages I took it. I also put in an oversized 2 car carport at the same time.

So including the carport, am I counting 10 car accom? 

At the house, yes. You could easily make it more than that with hoists though as the ceilings in the garages are 3600mm.

Probably seems a little odd to some people, but being on acreage it makes more sense to build a garage than a shed just in terms of resale value. The garage not attached to the house is currently housing one of my other hobbies, so realistically I've got 6 usable spots at the moment (I've got 5 cars currently).

• 2 weeks later...

This has just come on the market here in Adelaide

It had a 356 in it, so I thought I'd post here

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-glen+osmond-116849155

If the Architects brief was "something to house her classic Porsche" in my opinion, he got it wrong!

When the garage is the central hub of the home, why not make it visible?

Some glass inside would have made that perfect, otherwise, I don't see the point...

I think the brief was really "something to ride my skateboard inside"!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my BubbleBoy inflated today....gee what a disappointment. I guess when they measured it, they forgot to mention that it bulges in the middle like a old man.

I can't park next to it as the airpressure keeps closing the VW door :-(

DSC_0895_zpscwwkvnyn.jpg

Archived