Show us your garage, or where "beloved" sleeps.......

Being that the Shire Council wouldn't let me build a double garage to store my babies due to the fact that I lived in an apartment and couldn't have more than 50% of the house frontage as garage (stupid rule), I decided to look at other options.

This is what I came up with, works really well for me.

IMG_0664_zps5b67c163.jpg

IMG_0667_zps7a789a79.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being that the Shire Council wouldn't let me build a double garage to store my babies due to the fact that I lived in an apartment and couldn't have more than 50% of the house frontage as garage (stupid rule), I decided to look at other options.

This is what I came up with, works really well for me.

IMG_0664_zps5b67c163.jpg

IMG_0667_zps7a789a79.jpg

Oh i do like that...

A  L o t   ! ! !

Thanks guys,

Yeah, they only juuust fit in there as I have an angled roof. Lucky that the GT3 is only 127 high !!

The plates yeah, had to have a dig at PAG as I don't like being told what I would prefer to drive !!  The new 991 might be a great leap forward (when they finally get back on the road), but for me you can't beat a manual Porsche on a twisty road and being able to heel and toe. Just give us the CHOICE !!

Thanks guys,

Yeah, they only juuust fit in there as I have an angled roof. Lucky that the GT3 is only 127 high !!

The plates yeah, had to have a dig at PAG as I don't like being told what I would prefer to drive !!  The new 991 might be a great leap forward (when they finally get back on the road), but for me you can't beat a manual Porsche on a twisty road and being able to heel and toe. Just give us the CHOICE !!

+1

Sweet plates, sweet rides and sweet setup!

I've often wondered what I'd do come the day I move and I am restrained to a one car garage.... you give me hope! :lol: can I ask what the ceiling height is?

Thanks edgy,

As I mentioned it's very tight in there, but it works. Had to do a lot of measuring first !! I then took out the original 200 high ceiling sheets and support beams and then fitted new gyprock sheets directly to the beams that support the roof tiles so as to maximize space. The new ceiling gives me 290 or 9ft 11", not much, but it's all I needed.

As you can see from the photo I don't have much room between the bottom of the ramp and the roof of the Carrera, and the space at the top between GT3 and ceiling is about an inch less, plus you also have to factor in that the ramp has to go up another inch to come off the locking blocks when you want to lower it down.

All in all though it was well worth it and not that expensive in the end.

IMG_0924_zps4ca9704f.jpg

Around the corner from our place someone has a similar garage "entrance". Their nephew left the rear passenger door open whilst the car was going down, not a pleasant way to modify the doors to scissor doors on a car...........

Thanks guys,

you deserve a medal for that plate……gold!

Obviously, not me...

When we built the sheds back in 1987, we were just SO glad just to have sheds.  Once you've populated them and hung bits and pieces off the internal framing, it's a bit hard to contemplate emptying it all out and gyprocking/insulating.  But - in the middle of a Brissie summer, the idea becomes very attractive.  Maybe soon, when I've retired...

Archived