Show us your garage, or where "beloved" sleeps.......

Very keen to know more about the hydraulic lifter for my shed Kelly

The lift is excellent, it runs on standard mains 240v, and requires no installation/attachment to the garage and it can operate in low ceiling garages since it doesn't  have posts.

Here is a youtube clip from the supplier in the UK, but I did notice the equivalent lift being available from a machinery supplier in NSW (the lifts are made in china).

I am very happy with mine, no regrets what so ever. Makes life considerably easier.

Here's some clearer pics from my last, even smaller garage!

lift1.jpg

lift2.jpg

http://youtu.be/moRAb63O72M

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks like it has some minor differences in it's construction but it appears to be essentially the same.

Thanks Kelly! any ideas on what it's called if I'm looking for one?

Your welcome. Mid Rise Hydraulic Scissor Lift / car lift; would probably be good starting key words.

sounds good, I'm probably going to buy one around Christmas/early next year

Trying to find one the same as Kelly's with the pads - rather than the flat plate that lifts the whole of the bottom of the car up

I had grand plans to plaster the walls and paint the floor before we moved in but once I'd filled it with all my "beloved" material possessions, it all seemed too hard. One day...

IMG_2661_zps43946f02.jpg

IMG_2662_zps3148ef0c.jpg

IMG_2663_zps60846905.jpg

IMG_2664_zpseb8905e2.jpg

My partners comment is to visitors "But doe'snt every mans garage have a two post hoist?"

Of all the tools I have ever bought the MaxJax is the best tool yet. Paid for itself with a top end engine rebuild.

bth_DSCN2009_zps0b91254c.jpg

bth_DSCN2008_zps9f5c2037.jpg

I had grand plans to plaster the walls and paint the floor before we moved in but once I'd filled it with all my "beloved" material possessions, it all seemed too hard. One day...

Simon why do you have Star Wars posters in the garage? They should be proudly displayed in the house! :D

Simon why do you have Star Wars posters in the garage? They should be proudly displayed in the house! :D

They once had pride of place in the living room. In the next house they got demoted to the hall way. And now they're considered not cool enough to hang in the house :( Obviously Im not the one in charge of artwork in the house. The Mrs was the one that bought them for me many years ago so I am grateful:)

I understand not being in charge of decor of your own house, my other half is currently deciding what colour to paint the bedroom. She is thinking purple right now, god help me! If she tries to remove my Star Wars posters it will be the end of it!

(excuse the mess.. got about 4 different projects ongoing everytime i take time off)

I really like your collection. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue? 

Love this thread!

Due to a new baby I've just rebuilt the inside of my garage to also make room for my office/man cave.

I was going to always update it with my cars inside but after paying huge rents worked my office into the space as well.

Being a creative it's nice to be immersed in a space full of things you love.

It's not finished yet tv/fridge to come ended up a rush as the wife popped before it was 100% done LOL - and vintage surfboards to be wall mounted. Working from home has its benefits. Pinball and surround sound has its perks I hate quiet office spaces.

Plus on days over 30 degrees its a short walk to the beach.

photo_zps9d1eabf5.jpg

Archived