Show us your garage, or where "beloved" sleeps.......

Thanks Hugh - correct its an original Kuwahara ET from the 80's fully restored with NOS parts the pink one down the back leaning against the pinball is an original GT PFT from 87.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Hugh - correct its an original Kuwahara ET from the 80's fully restored with NOS parts the pink one down the back leaning against the pinball is an original GT PFT from 87.

your my hero :rolleyes: nice bikes mate - radness!

Looking good FIG! Are the enamels repro's? or a mixture of OG's and Repro?

I went to see my best mate in Melbourne over the weekend just gone.. to say I had garage envy was an understatement, he's built what i could almost only describe as an aircraft hanger  :lol:  I need to get cracking on my garage project.  :ph34r:

Cheers edgy, out of all my signs I have 5 repros (all tucked away so they can't be seen lol), not that there's anything wrong with them, it's just I like the 'old' 'rusty' stuff, it tells a story (unlike new stuff).

• 4 months later...

Love this thread!

Due to a new baby I've just rebuilt the inside of my garage to also make room for my office/man cave.

I was going to always update it with my cars inside but after paying huge rents worked my office into the space as well.

Being a creative it's nice to be immersed in a space full of things you love.

It's not finished yet tv/fridge to come ended up a rush as the wife popped before it was 100% done LOL - and vintage surfboards to be wall mounted. Working from home has its benefits. Pinball and surround sound has its perks I hate quiet office spaces.

Plus on days over 30 degrees its a short walk to the beach.

photo_zps9d1eabf5.jpg

I want a space like this!

• 3 weeks later...

e9f4e8074bff76f3a7c64d835abd426f_zps4a02

I know.. Not a lot of space.... Need to keep on a strict diet....

Have started to empty the place out more. Lucky both cars are small by modern standards!

Place was actually built so one can look at the cars through the courtyard...a bit weird and obsessive...

Love this thread!

Due to a new baby I've just rebuilt the inside of my garage to also make room for my office/man cave.

I was going to always update it with my cars inside but after paying huge rents worked my office into the space as well.

It's not finished yet tv/fridge to come ended up a rush as the wife popped before it was 100% done LOL - and vintage surfboards to be wall mounted. Working from home has its benefits. Pinball and surround sound has its perks I hate quiet office spaces.

photo_zps9d1eabf5.jpg

I see the stang is parked in the 'harder to move' position. This betrays a preference for the p-car?

• 3 weeks later...

my missus reckons if I could work out how to get the boxie upstairs into the main bedroom it would be there and not the garage :rolleyes:

any suggestions are welcome

If you can't bring Muhomad to the mountain then

Move the bedroom to the garage…...easy :)

You gain a room upstairs or………a bed to yourself.   :D

My advice being in the building industry. (I'm not a builder or a chippy by the way, I do second fix and wardrobes/kitchens etc)

Source the materials yourself from a wholesaler or even Bunnings for what you want, advertise on Gumtree for an experienced AND licensed older chippy or builder that will work for an agreed daily rate ( a lot of retired builders would be happy to do it)

A client of mine had a quote for $35k for a huge gabled pergola. I told him the above, and he saved over $15k

Other than that, Youtube or Google 'How To's' if youre handy. You'll save thousands.

I built my 7 x 5 pergola and decking for $1800 and 3 full weekends. Woulda cost me $6500

Good tools, good advice and check your levels is essential to a good result

If you can't bring Muhomad to the mountain then

Move the bedroom to the garage…...easy :)

You gain a room upstairs or………a bed to yourself.   :D

I've been informed by SWMBO that I will be sleeping in the garage if any more cars find a home in there.

Love this thread!

photo_zps9d1eabf5.jpg

Watch out for those bikes Murf!  They have a liking for getting all touchy with shiny paint.  The results aint pretty.

Archived