The Yokohama Advan Sport V105 that won the Wheels 2015 tyre comparison is also a possibility.  Also Kurt raves about these but they look a bit to gymkhana for a sensible bloke like me: http://www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/ADVAN-Neova-AD08.aspx

Decisions, decisions!

I have had a couple of sets AD08"s on the now gone, Coxster.  They were awsome, not a long life tyre but a good hang on for your life tyre...

Only half a vent. This is my 200SX that got cleaned up by a truck while parked. This is what we came back to. Fortunately the driver gave all of his details to a neighbor who passed them on to us. Insurance company has been brilliant so far.  I suspect that it will be a total loss as the boot floor and rear passenger floor are all buckled, as is the rear turret and kidney bowl area.  There was debris 50m up the road.  I was going to give the car to my son soon too.

cid_317_zpskieshctl_edit_1465009356515_z

Crappy news! But if you can buy the write off back you'll have an excellent front cut. Engine, gearbox etc.  That's legendary engine to shove in something else! Project with the son!

Make lemonade from lemons! 

Reckon I'll go Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin (say that without feeling like a wanker!) RE003's

They are a great tyre and i've gone back for seconds.

Old tyres eh , well in England with their very strict MOTs , there is no law on tyre age. As long as it's structurally sound.

The age rule is bandied about to glean business , no doubt. Plus modern low profile rubber lasts as long as raw filet mignon in my dog's bowl.

That said , our climate doesn't do rubber the world of good and at speed I wouldn't trust anything properly old.

Next time you see some vintage/veteran cars - quite likely they are getting around on 40 -80 year old rubber. Maybe rubber was better back in the day?
There's a lot of crap about that's for sure.

Lost my dad this morning. I'm angry, and I'm empty at the same time. I thought I'd just have a cry for a while when I was eventually told of the inevitable, yet sitting here I just can't process it

Catcha on the flipside pop

Lee, really sorry to hear about your dad. I just saw this after being mostly off the air for the past little while. 

Take care mate

best wishes

Chris

Mice. Opportunistic little shits!! As soon as we open the garage door in they come, caught 3 over the weekend!

A little bit of cold weather and rain and they try to invade our home! :angry:

Same here! Little bastards leaving their calling cards everywhere.

Our dog who has never wee'd in the house has been doing that every day and night, so I asked Mr Google, and it seems they do that to mark their territory when another animal is in the house, especially with rats n mice. Kind of 'Oi, this is my joint, nick off !' 

Left some bait out a couple of times, and that seems to have worked

Same here! Little bastards leaving their calling cards everywhere.

Our dog who has never wee'd in the house has been doing that every day and night, so I asked Mr Google, and it seems they do that to mark their territory when another animal is in the house, especially with rats n mice. Kind of 'Oi, this is my joint, nick off !' 

Left some bait out a couple of times, and that seems to have worked

We are using traps. I would be careful using bait with a dog around. Our dog is oblivious to them, he would most likely catch them if we let him in the garage :)

I think we have the mouse situation under control for now, just the neighbour who decided to flatten out his backyard over the weekend, nicely diverting water into our front yard. Nice!!

We're careful where we put the bait. Up high and away from the floor, though I only leave it out when Roxy is with us outside. It's usually gone within minutes, so they must be hungry! One bait has been knawed on but still there, yet we haven't seen their calling cards for a day or 2 now, so hopefully they're mostly gone now.

Although its a bit hypocritical,  and its not really that humane to bait them, but I can't lay traps and see the little buggers dead. Too much of an animal lover I spose

I know, I'm weird

My on going Telstra drama... 3 months and still no phone connection.

I have tried the call centres, online chat, going into a shop, emailing them, lodging complaints, contacting the TIO and have an on going case, but still no phone connection!! All they need to do now is flip a switch at the exchange to connect me... sounds easy but no, they have to stuff me around and get back to me with an update! FFS!!

I have just drafted a letter to the CEO, see if the bugger reads it!!

Telstra, whata  bunch of useless expletives!! :angry:

Crappy news! But if you can buy the write off back you'll have an excellent front cut. Engine, gearbox etc.  That's legendary engine to shove in something else! Project with the son!

Make lemonade from lemons! 

so I had the call this morning to say it's a total loss. Going to keep the car. My son is going to strip it and get one himself and use some parts and sell the rest.  It came to 9800 dollars to repair.