^^ LOL @ Harvs and the dangerous iPhone :D   I should quote that into the what's making you smile thread...

• The interview I went for, now it seems they've put the role on hold :(
  • My MINI is now making a knocking sound front drivers wheel - suspension issue?  It is alarming and being looked at on Friday
  • Went to Launceston for my partners first Amatuer MMA fight last Sat.  She (yes might as well out myself now too) lost due to the referee mistaking a slip in the octagon for a knock out. DEVASTATED.. fkn bullshit... punch didn't even connect.  Just heartbreaking to see her so upset and to lose on a rubbish decision.. after all the work and weight cut she did. On a positive note, her fight did get Fight of the Night.T
  • The Walking Dead - I think it's getting too hard to watch. To much sadness. Back to Californication I go at least I see Porsches and well, its a bit funny to

I can think of more but dont want to drag you all down... 

^^ LOL @ Harvs and the dangerous iPhone :D   I should quote that into the what's making you smile thread...

• My MINI is now making a knocking sound front drivers wheel - suspension issue?  It is alarming and being looked at on Friday
  • Went to Launceston for my partners first Amatuer MMA fight last Sat.  She (yes might as well out myself now too) lost due to the referee mistaking a slip in the octagon for a knock out. DEVASTATED.. fkn bullshit... punch didn't even connect.  Just heartbreaking to see her so upset and to lose on a rubbish decision.. after all the work and weight cut she did. On a positive note, her fight did get Fight of the Night.T
  • The Walking Dead - I think it's getting too hard to watch. To much sadness. Back to Californication I go at least I see Porsches and well, its a bit funny to

MMA??? Now we know why you are scared of her! I wouldn't be bringing a Porsche home unannounced either  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And Californication... I need to get back up to date with, I was a little deflated when Hank got the 997.... I liked the dirty old blackie 964 with one headlight so much more.  :wub:

MMA??? Now we know why you are scared of her! I wouldn't be bringing a Porsche home unannounced either  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And Californication... I need to get back up to date with, I was a little deflated when Hank got the 997.... I liked the dirty old blackie 964 with one headlight so much more.  :wub:

I'm  a rebel and like to live dangerously!

Although if you look how he got the 997 - it's very Hank!   But I agree, the 964 suited him better :)

• The Walking Dead - I think it's getting too hard to watch. To much sadness. 

Too much boredom more like it - This season has really been dragging. Hopefully things will liven up now they're in that new community.

Too many shows in telly at the moment! Walking dead, Black sails, Peaky blinders, Rome, Better call Saul, Breaking bad (from the begining), and Game of thrones next month. Plus my mate has suggested I watch Suits and now you've gone and mentioned Californication. Have only seen the first season but loved it. Stopped watching when it was changed to 11:30pm

Too much boredom more like it - This season has really been dragging. Hopefully things will liven up now they're in that new community.

Too many shows in telly at the moment! Walking dead, Black sails, Peaky blinders, Rome, Better call Saul, Breaking bad (from the begining), and Game of thrones next month. Plus my mate has suggested I watch Suits and now you've gone and mentioned Californication. Have only seen the first season but loved it. Stopped watching when it was changed to 11:30pm

Speaking of Hank and Californication, you forgot the other series HUNG.......

The BOX SETS channel is great,   plus the old favourite SOPRANOS worth watching over and over.

Then there is DEADWOOD.   Now that is a good cowdy series.  

Woo is my hero..he has a great grasp of the english language.

That sucks abt the Mini and the job/no job.  So frustrating.  As for the  Walking Dead..I put that into the no sympathy for a self inflicted misery category (like hangovers)  :P

MMA? Really?  I would never have picked that.  Looks are deceiving, she who shall not be named  seems like such a quiet, gentle little thing.  I mean that in a good way too in case she's looking over your shoulder   :ph34r:

The BOX SETS channel is great,   plus the old favourite SOPRANOS worth watching over and over.

Thanks - will look into them

I don't know how you guys have so much spare time to watch TV. 

I don't, that's the problem. So many shows, so little time

It's actually WU.   Check him out he is sensational.

Wu.jpg

No time for TV!!!

That sucks abt the Mini and the job/no job.  So frustrating.  As for the  Walking Dead..I put that into the no sympathy for a self inflicted misery category (like hangovers)  :P

MMA? Really?  I would never have picked that.  Looks are deceiving, she who shall not be named  seems like such a quiet, gentle little thing.  I mean that in a good way too in case she's looking over your shoulder   :ph34r:

TWD was awesome first few series.. but this year, its a bit ho hum.

Gentle and little thing?  Gee whiz - you'd not be popular if you said that to her. She sees herself as being the opposite :)

TWD was awesome first few series.. but this year, its a bit ho hum.

Gentle and little thing?  Gee whiz - you'd not be popular if you said that to her. She sees herself as being the opposite :)

I guess she who can beat you must've been holding back, letting you have your day out with the boys when you introduced her at the Fed Sq. morning.  

Have been watching Black Sails. That's awesome.

Any of you out there that are consultants would like 'house of lies' (fiction based on ex Booz Allen Hamilton experience).

For some underrated comedy: 'it's always sunny in Philadelphia' and 'workaholics'...

Audi Service, so our little A1 is in getting its 45k service

The MMI button came loose and no longer selects 

The advisor rings me to sell me some other sh*t then goes on to tell me they won't warranty this because they are "designed to retract on impact as a safety precaution" and that it must have forcefully been broken, he then even tells me there is a technical service bulletin out for it! I asked him why it actually doesn't work despite being loose... he said that's part of the safety feature. 

Well I just lost it, I won't repeat what was said :ph34r: .... Waiting on a call back. 

It is just a failed potentiometer at the end of the day and the stupid plastic crap holding it in has broken... the wiring is still in tact. 

Lets just see how this pans out, I am going to request a copy of the TSB .... this is what you get from Audi for your money people! 

Audi Service, so our little A1 is in getting its 45k service

The MMI button came loose and no longer selects

The advisor rings me to sell me some other sh*t then goes on to tell me they won't warranty this because they are "designed to retract on impact as a safety precaution" and that it must have forcefully been broken, he then even tells me there is a technical service bulletin out for it! I asked him why it actually doesn't work despite being loose... he said that's part of the safety feature.

Well I just lost it, I won't repeat what was said :ph34r: .... Waiting on a call back.

It is just a failed potentiometer at the end of the day and the stupid plastic crap holding it in has broken... the wiring is still in tact.

Lets just see how this pans out, I am going to request a copy of the TSB .... this is what you get from Audi for your money people!

Maybe you should buy a Mercedes......oh, wait...

Try here for the TSB http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/

Logically if there is a TSB or recall it's a known fault

Thanks mate, I looked and no A1 listed.

Here's what is interesting; I have a contact who's Ex Audi Centre Sydney technician, I called him, he looked it up for me (still has system access) and could find no record of the TSB that I was given!!

Which to me was just botched text in an email addressing a failure very specific to my problem, how convenient! Apparently that MMI button is "designed to collapse inward as a safety feature and only happens on impact". 

I asked them, are you listening to what your telling me? If my head is anywhere near the button in an accident.... I think I have bigger problems than a radio button! 

My contact had a tech that is at a different Audi centre look it up for me again, nope that TSB doesn't exist.... 

So they have fabricated a document which is rather convenient. 

Maybe you should buy a Mercedes......oh, wait...

Unless it is PRE 2000 MY or a G Wagen, no thanks....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh and they quoted me a $1k to fix my button and told me parts cost is $990.... which again, my contact got the parts quote for me lets just say $100.00 for the repair kit is giving them a big tip. ;)

Moral of the story, don't deal with Audi Centre Sydney... I could go on about how unsavoury my ownership experience has been every time I've had to deal with them.. which is a shame cos its a good little car. Oh and I have owned a Jeep.... that should tell you something! 

How long does it take to get whitewoods on wheels "Toyota Yaris" delivered ? So far been waiting since February. It's not like it's a special car, base model, manual in white. 

My oh so fantastic daily driver for the next 5 years until I hand it to my daughter. At least I will know the history of the car and it's a manual as I refuse to let the kids get an auto only license. 

Hopefully arrives next week which saves my good friend from driving me to and from work everyday again (I was away for the last month), although he is happy with the bottle of Arbelour single malt as a thank you.

Sat in a line of cars today longer than I could count as we sat at between 40 kph and 60 kph along a windy 15 km road in an 80 zone.

Moron in a Mitsubishi, all over the road, oblivious to the hundreds of meters of cars banked up behind.

Drove straight past sections sign posted "over taking lane for slow vehicles"

Then gets to a town and cruises through the 50 kph zone at 60 kph.

Drove straight past sections sign posted "over taking lane for slow vehicles"

Cos he thought he was driving safely on that "dangerous winding road" and was savibg the hoons behind from certain death". At least, that's what I was told recently by a similar driver in Byron Bay

WOW... in a bad way.

So my MINI has been making a knocking sound in the front drivers side wheel. Would happen when the wheel was turned right with a bit of throttle applied, then you'd occasionally hear it do it over the odd bump. It didn't sound good to me at all, so I booked it in to have it looked at by the clubmini vic member preferred mechanic. Great bloke, but an hour away from me.

So he jacks the car up, pulls the wheel off has a bit of a look and within a few mins I hear some things like

"you've gotta be kidding"  "this isn't good"

So turns out when the clutch was replaced by a BMW dealer, they left out one of the outer ball joint bolts!

I've been on club runs in this car (prior to it making the noise or my noticing it) and driven it hard on these runs!  I don't need to tell you guys how potentially dangerous this was. In fact, I feel really bothered by it.. its rocked me a bit.

Anyways, he tightened up the bolt, found a temp one and fitted that for me.. and also put the car on a hoist and made sure nothing else was a miss.  And he also rang the dealer (he used to work there) and has filled them in on what has happened - I'll take the car back Tuesday morning.

This is just unacceptable.  They are lucky there's a long weekend and I can't do anything about it today because I think I'd have gone postal in the dealership.  Wow..  I'm speechless.