Here's hoping it stops raining. Dryer is getting a workout and stupid SA power prices. StewF, Hewett bakery dog rolls are awesome, just off the highway. Only ask for the hot chilli if you like sweating. The mild is nice, sweet .. meh. 

Here's hoping it stops raining. Dryer is getting a workout and stupid SA power prices. StewF, Hewett bakery dog rolls are awesome, just off the highway. Only ask for the hot chilli if you like sweating. The mild is nice, sweet .. meh.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm always on the lookout for somewhere decent to get lunch. Not much of any quality in Nuri.

I don't go that way though. From my place I go via Lobethal Gumeracha Williamstown Lyndoch and Tanunda.

Bloody thugs on the football field. Late in the third quarter my son cops a whack in the face by some no talent loser. Free kick, 50m penalty, and kicks the goal,then comes off with blood pouring from his mouth. Teeth loose and braces bent. Cost me $400 in emergency dental work.

Upside. The dentist is a Porsche enthusiast. Had a 996.

Bloody thugs on the football field. Late in the third quarter my son cops a whack in the face by some no talent loser. Free kick, 50m penalty, and kicks the goal,then comes off with blood pouring from his mouth. Teeth loose and braces bent. Cost me $400 in emergency dental work.

Upside. The dentist is a Porsche enthusiast. Had a 996.

Did you get a 'Porsche discount'? 

I've met quite a number of dentists that have a Porsche fetish. I have a friend who's the dentist in the town I live in who has a nice 3.2 and another I know has a sweet red 993 turbo.

As careful as I have been on Ebay, it was just a matter of time before I got stiffed.

Yep, the Citizen Bullhead watch I bought is apparently a fake.

Although he has 100% feedback, be aware of ebay seller 'amoas'

After messages and speaking to him, he convinced me it was all original, yet it arrived wrapped in some bubble wrap and an postage envelope.

Upon opening it, the watch band gave it away immediately, as its cheap shit and brand new, and the watch is like new. I looked around the interwebby thingo, and found a 'How to spot a fake Citizen Bullhead Octagon' and most of my fears were mostly confirmed. A Citizen facebook page moderator also believes that its a knock off.

I didnt pay near full price (thankfully) yet its enough to piss me off.

I have tried to contact him, yet that has been fruitless (surprise surprise)

I have his apparent address and phone number, so I'll give him a few hours before I crank up the ' Action I will be taking' messages

Here was the ad

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CITIZEN-BULLHEAD-8110A-OCTAGON-AUTOMATIC-CHRONOGRAPH-FLYBACK-/121642186868?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Lz3XtsAe2shmKBoJ5YiUZy7diSY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

As careful as I have been on Ebay, it was just a matter of time before I got stiffed.

After messages and speaking to him, he convinced me it was all original, yet it arrived wrapped in some bubble wrap and an postage envelope.

Upon opening it, the watch band gave it away immediately, as its cheap shit and brand new, and the watch is like new. I looked around the interwebby thingo, and found a 'How to spot a fake Citizen Bullhead Octagon' and most of my fears were mostly confirmed. A Citizen facebook page moderator also believes that its a knock off.

I have his apparent address and phone number, so I'll give him a few hours before I crank up the ' Action I will be taking' messages

Here was the ad

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CITIZEN-BULLHEAD-8110A-OCTAGON-AUTOMATIC-CHRONOGRAPH-FLYBACK-/121642186868?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Lz3XtsAe2shmKBoJ5YiUZy7diSY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I bought a brand new vintage roamer watch that doesn't keep time. At least that's what I received. I thought i bought a vintage roamer which had been restored.

Ah well. First time scammed for me

Was very cheap.

Here was the ad

Go into the resolution centre, and you can get a charge back refund . eBay is more of a risk for genuine sellers than buyers nowadays

I bought a brand new vintage roamer watch that doesn't keep time. At least that's what I received. I thought i bought a vintage roamer which had been restored.

Was very cheap.

From India? I also bought a roamer watch. Guaranteed to +/-2 minutes per day. In the first 24 hours it gained 109 minutes. Pity it happened on the weekend and not a work day.

From India? I also bought a roamer watch. Guaranteed to +/-2 minutes per day. In the first 24 hours it gained 109 minutes. Pity it happened on the weekend and not a work day.

Came in a thin cardboard box with packing tape holding it together. Was cheap, but!

Here was the ad

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CITIZEN-BULLHEAD-8110A-OCTAGON-AUTOMATIC-CHRONOGRAPH-FLYBACK-/121642186868?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Lz3XtsAe2shmKBoJ5YiUZy7diSY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Were you able to submit a negative review?

Was very cheap.

If the watch retails at $300 for argument sake, and finding a new one on eBay for 50. i can 100% guarantee you it's fake. 

I love my jewellery and accessories. I would only buy from a trusted retailer. and i would want to see it before i buy it. 

Yep, the Citizen Bullhead watch I bought is apparently a fake...

Well that sucks...sorry to hear, Lee.

If you paid via PayPal, you should be able to get payment reversed, but you will have to open an Ebay dispute first.

Also, if you paid via PayPal, the PP email address may give you a clue to the guy's real name, in case you don't already have it.

Another Ebay scam.

My nephew sold an expensive digital camera on ebay.  Upon receipt of the camera, and before my nephew received his money, the buyer put in a disputed claim.  The buyer then sent the camera back, which arrived and was signed for.  Upon opening the returned box discovered a cheap crap camera enclosed, not his digital camera.

Ebay and PayPal says that because the returned package was signed for, then there is nothing they can do.

So this scumbag gets a good camera and his cash back !!

:angry:

Another Ebay scam.

My nephew sold an expensive digital camera on ebay. Upon receipt of the camera, and before my nephew received his money, the buyer put in a disputed claim. The buyer then sent the camera back, which arrived and was signed for. Upon opening the returned box discovered a cheap crap camera enclosed, not his digital camera.

Ebay and PayPal says that because the returned package was signed for, then there is nothing they can do.

That's nasty........local? I'd pursue it heavily if T'was me

For old watches it's okay for them to come in bubble wrap as a lot of people throw away the boxes .

But.... a vintage watch should show signs of age...

Raise a dispute ASAP, did you pay using Paypal?

Thanks for all your advice etc, its appreciated.

I feel like a bit of a numpty, as it did ring some alarm 'Too good to.be true' bells!

I contacted the seller and did the 'Will pursue you with every avenue of the law' etc etc, and he swears it is a vintage Citizen, BUT has offered a refund, as he doesnt like being called a fraud!

'Send the watch back and I'll refund you in full'

How about no mate? Refund my cash, and I'll send you the watch!

It leaves a sour taste in the mouth when things like this happens, especially as the watch has already stopped working! Grrrr

Another Ebay scam.

My nephew sold an expensive digital camera on ebay. Upon receipt of the camera, and before my nephew received his money, the buyer put in a disputed claim. The buyer then sent the camera back, which arrived and was signed for. Upon opening the returned box discovered a cheap crap camera enclosed, not his digital camera.

Whats the eBay name of the buyer? Either post or pm me

Whats the eBay name of the buyer? Either post or pm me

I will ask.  I do know he is in Melbourne.

The nephew has his name and address from when the camera was posted and returned.  Smart fella, used his real name and address.

I think it is still being sorted…….one way or another  :rolleyes: