Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

but a 914 would be nicer, right?

Yep it certainly would be preferable, I would give my left #$%#@&* for a 914, :wacko:

but no chance of getting one at this stage, Mrs NIKO has no love whatsoever for one of them. :angry:

(the 914, I mean not my left #$%#@&*) 

A Cayman is an easier car to "negotiate" with lots of plusses for SWMBO. <_<   

And I do seriously like everything about them.

Have to await the right time to bring the subject up.  

When I purchased the Box back in 2008 I stupidly made the comment, "I won't ever want another car once I get this one" 

I am reminded of that comment every time my eyes stray.... :(

I don't know that it makes more sense than an aircooled 911, but it had certainly made my wife stand up and take notice.... you know, the old "why have you got a Porsche and I don't?" Question.....

Sometimes I think divorce would be cheaper, but then I come back to reality and realise that I would have to sell the P car and give her half...

I think I'll push through somehow...... :rolleyes:

I know this thing been mentioned before in this thread and needs some TLC, but honestly what would it be like to live with a 964 as a daily driver? (any variant) Some of them are pretty compelling to buy I reckon, particularly C4's and tippers... 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2698373&Cr=0

I'm getting round to thinking that I should buy some type of air-cooled car before all 911 coupe prices end up in the stratosphere..  :lol:  

I wouldn't want to end up with another car I'm precious about either, so the less desirable models (less from a value perspective) are okay for the task IMO... it'd probably end up with roof racks and a tow bar

Australian Delivered matching numbers 1976 Carrera 3.0 - Group S

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/new-zealand-australia/819881-group-s-carerra-3-0-fs.html

(No affiliation)

Making a lot more sense than a lot of mid $40K's 911's now I reckon. 

Apples and oranges. But yes, getting attractive. Wonder what an S would sell for...

Apples and oranges. But yes, getting attractive. Wonder what an S would sell for...

Australian Delivered matching numbers 1976 Carrera 3.0 - Group S

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/new-zealand-australia/819881-group-s-carerra-3-0-fs.html

(No affiliation)

Probably mid $50s to $60k.

I love my cayman.(S). but I also "want" an older aircooled car because of this and other forums.. they make me want a noisy old non-aircon, oil leaking, no power-steering, car. 

I can't afford to run 2 cars though.. would have to sell the Cayman I think.. but damn I'd miss it.

I concur Niko..... Id love to know what they were selling for brand new in the day....

Redbook will tell you.

It will also tell you the current market value for each model and variant.

Many I looked at are asking more than redbook which is why I left that market for now.

REDBOOK is a vague guide if anything at all. 

You could probably get more accurate valuations by throwing a dart at a wall of numbers.. wearing a blindfold... at night.

That's just my opinion anyway!

I think cayman were around $120ish and the S were around 150ish when new.

As everyone always says, it's worth what someone will pay.... yadda yadda yadda

REDBOOK is a vague guide if anything at all. 

You could probably get more accurate valuations by throwing a dart at a wall of numbers.. wearing a blindfold... at night.

That's just my opinion anyway!

I think cayman were around $120ish and the S were around 150ish when new.

As everyone always says, it's worth what someone will pay.... yadda yadda yadda

Think your pretty well spot on with the prices there when new.

HMMMM, have to start looking at these things a  bit more closely now if this is the beginning of a pricing trend...

keep in mind, that that would be the base price... all the extras add up something fierce when new

- rear park assist

- sports chrono pack

- Bose sound

- bigger wheels

- leather interior kit....... blah blah blah

Take one for a run. If you are in Brisbane, come and take mine for a run. The Carnewal exhaust on mine is getting louder and grumblier all the time... 

In fact, might just take in in the tunnel tonight for a crisp winter drive.... 

I know this thing been mentioned before in this thread and needs some TLC, but honestly what would it be like to live with a 964 as a daily driver? (any variant) Some of them are pretty compelling to buy I reckon, particularly C4's and tippers... 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2698373&Cr=0

I'm getting round to thinking that I should buy some type of air-cooled car before all 911 coupe prices end up in the stratosphere..  :lol:  

I wouldn't want to end up with another car I'm precious about either, so the less desirable models (less from a value perspective) are okay for the task IMO... it'd probably end up with roof racks and a tow bar

edgy,

The one in your link has "issues" I think. This one might be a better prospect:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/AGC-AD-16040971/?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

I love my cayman.(S). but I also "want" an older aircooled car because of this and other forums.. they make me want a noisy old non-aircon, oil leaking, no power-steering, car. 

Hey! Mine doesn't leak a drop! And the steering's so light , PS would be wasted. I'll admit no AC and noise , but it's a sports car eh?

What you are after is character  B) And no waterpumps, coolant etc

Redbook has the new at the time price.

Yes for sure you have to take extras into consideration.

Redbook is one guide used by the dealer and insurance company's, and then real day value at the auction.

Buyer's set the market...

keep in mind, that that would be the base price... all the extras add up something fierce when new

- rear park assist

- sports chrono pack

- Bose sound

- bigger wheels

- leather interior kit....... blah blah blah

Take one for a run. If you are in Brisbane, come and take mine for a run. The Carnewal exhaust on mine is getting louder and grumblier all the time... 

In fact, might just take in in the tunnel tonight for a crisp winter drive.... 

Thanks for that offer, but down in the ICE AGE Melbourne unfortunately.   I have had one as a lone car a few years back and I loved it then, although they did give me one with the lot.   of course.    Ha hA Crisp winter drive????? in Brisbane????  Pop down here and you will know what a crisp winter drive is all about.

I was on another Porsche forum last night and reading up about the Carnewal exhausts, they get good raps from owners in the US of A.

, but honestly what would it be like to live with a 964 as a daily driver? (any variant) Some of them are pretty compelling to buy I reckon, particularly C4's and tipper

Like a lot of older cars, you could daily drive it but would you? Maybe I've got soft due to running late model daily cars but I don't reckon I could have lived with my 964 24/7. Would be a pain in regular traffic, heavy clutch/gearbox at low speed, a/c was crap, sound system crap. A 997 might be doable and no doubt for many a 964 would be fine, just too much of a compromise for me. Weekend car to use as intended. Great cars though!

This one has been on the market for a while.  

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1998-Porsche-911-Carrera-Ocean-Jade-Metallic-5sp-A-Cabriolet-/351114726844?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item51c0118dbc&_uhb=1

When I first started looking for a P about 18 months ago this is one of the first I spotted. I love the colour.  Anyway it was $42,000 and slowly dropped to $38,000 over about 3 months.  I still couldn't bring myself to even look at it due to the k's.  Anyway it disappeared about 6 months ago and has turned up again today on evil bay with a body kit, a few more k's and over 10 K added to the price.  Still love the colour though.

Cheers Steve