Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It was $109k when I first saw it. Contacted the seller - no original wheels and bumpers put me off as did the red (boy racer) cage. He said price was firm and if it didn't sell within a couple of weeks, he'd keep it. A few weeks later dropped to $106k. Now $92k, a great price for 996.2 GT3 but suggests the "immaculate car, don't need to sell" story is starting to wilt!

What's this BS obsession with using the word "analogue"!??!

These are the last analogue Porsche produced with no driver aids, raw and rewarding to drive.

I think it's called marketing , and many here who run businesses rely upon it. There is a lot of BS in marketing , when you ask intelligent questions of the marketers.

You either are prone to heated toilet seats  , or you're not. Horses for courses  :)

Analog cars are for real men  B) who use sandpaper instead of Sorbent 

I see the rough guards red 964 c4 in Vic is showing as 'under offer'. Anyone on here the buyer?

But the pristine one that's only a few grand more is still available!?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/AGC-AD-16040971/?Cr=6&sdmvc=1

Maybe it's a ploy of the owner of the rough one to raise interest and next week it will say it's back on the market due the buyer being unable raise finance....

I reckon it 

But the pristine one that's only a few grand more is still available!?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/AGC-AD-16040971/?Cr=6&sdmvc=1

Maybe it's a ploy of the owner of the rough one to raise interest and next week it will say it's back on the market due the buyer being unable raise finance....

I reckon it has finally sold and probably for a "nick".

It's part of a deceased estate.. at the time I was told that the price they would accept is $40k and not a cent under... and they would keep it. But things change I guess.

It does look a nice car and I hope the owner puts it back to it's former glory.

I reckon it 

I reckon it has finally sold and probably for a "nick".

It's part of a deceased estate.. at the time I was told that the price they would accept is $40k and not a cent under... and they would keep it. But things change I guess.

It does look a nice car and I hope the owner puts it back to it's former glory.

I spoke to the guy too. For $35k it would be a good project. I couldn't justify $40 given the risks.

The missing air cleaner isn't a good indicator of a well cared for car......

It seemed to be the tip of the iceberg. If someone has bought it I hope they got it at the right price. Would be great to get it back on the road. I must admit I've thought about buying it more than once.

Here is Aus, everyone seems very anti C4.. reading some of the USA forums about them, there isn't as much devaluing for it being a C4. 

Today at work, there was a C4 parked out the back street.. I had a good walkaround the car.. 

I love the shape.. very "organic" lines... it was a Tiptronic so I wasn't tempted to leave a note on the wshield asking if he wanted to sell.

For me, the perfect car would be a sorted 964 manual in ANY OTHER COLOUR BUT RED!

Here is Aus, everyone seems very anti C4.. reading some of the USA forums about them, there isn't as much devaluing for it being a C4. 

Today at work, there was a C4 parked out the back street.. I had a good walkaround the car.. 

I love the shape.. very "organic" lines... it was a Tiptronic so I wasn't tempted to leave a note on the wshield asking if he wanted to sell.

For me, the perfect car would be a sorted 964 manual in ANY OTHER COLOUR BUT RED!

they have snow. makes sense they would see the appeal of a C4 more!

IIRC, only the C2 was available as a tiptronic. But I've been wrong before...

Try looking for modern Porsche in anything other than silver, black or white. Zzzzz

Which is sad when they look sensational with a bit of colour on them: http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/AGC-AD-16307168/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

Bahhh, that's telling, I've defined a modern Porsche as a 12 year old 996! Don't get me started on those spaceship 997 thingies....