Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, vinnytang said:

Did anyone see what the final bid on this UK 997S was? I was following but forgot to check in during the final minutes.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-porsche-911-997-carrera-s-6

I think it was $79k. That was second time up for that car, I can’t really remember what it got to last time though. 

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I think it was $79k. That was second time up for that car, I can’t really remember what it got to last time though. 

The one you're thinking of might be another car, this UK 997S was also unsold last month.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2007-porsche-911-997-carrera-s-6?fbclid=IwAR09pxOU6YNYH00Xf2ig4VvptB0WBcG7cvKLxhTxneXeaxLH21vXNSJl7IE

There's several British 997s on the market right now, seems like the market and the sellers aren't on the same page.

1 hour ago, CoSo said:

I watched it through to the end and the last bid was 80k.

I didn’t see the very end so makes sense it ticked up a little higher than the last I saw. 

4 hours ago, vinnytang said:

seems like the market and the sellers aren't on the same page.

True across the board for the most part. 

It’s definitely a car I saw list a month or two again, also passed in. I remember the blue interior and some other details. 

Yeah there have been a few 997s up for auction, none selling. 80k + 6% + ORCs would put this somewhere around $90k which sounds about right for a UK import to me. Aust delivered perhaps around $100.

Also a few over last few months on other auction sites that also don't sell due to not meeting reserve.

If that was me selling that car, I would have accepted the $80k.

The 997 market has pretty much settled back to pre Covid pricing, and being an import it's not too far away from being top money.

My thoughts anyway having sold my 997 C2S manual aus delivered recently.

14 minutes ago, Harsh said:

Great, so general consensus is about $80k for a 997S

I guess if you want:

An import.
Highish KLMs
Tipper?
Cheapest out there i can see for all of the above is $100K so don't know where you're getting $80K from?
Cheapest Manual is 98K FIRM (so add says) import with 100klms on it.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=(And.Service.carsales._.(C.Make.Porsche._.(C.Model.911._.(And.Badge.Carrera+S._.(Or.Series.997._.Series.997+Series+II.))))_.GenericGearType.Manual.)&sort=~Price

27 minutes ago, on_booost said:

I know this car & owner, it's local to me... good car, with a genuine seller (and reason for sale) if anyone would like eyes on it. 

1 hour ago, Harsh said:

Im no expert just guessing after comments from t888 and SJM above

"Pre-COVID" pricing would sit a locally delivered manual at about $95k I think? ... Maybe a little lower. I remember a Guards Red car I nearly bought around the time I decided to get the 996 instead that was priced about there, it was a nice one with fairly low kms.

I wish Carsales provided really good data you could go back and look at.

Some unsold P cars on Collecting Cars tonight and where the bidding got to ... The 997 was a manual with 70,000, GTS a PDK with 35,000k.

Thought it might be useful to post some of these when I see them in this thread, since all Carsales tells you these days is what things don't sell for! Seems, generally, sellers on Carsales are asking about 15-20% more compared to where bidding is getting to using these as examples by the time you add fees ...

image.thumb.png.eb8ea92076340a04d59eb91b2a4ceb5a.png