Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

depends how good you are with bodywork to make it worthwhile perhaps.

if i wanted one for posterity it looks like a good entry

It really does depend on what is buggered, being from the UK and also being a non Galv car we could expect floors, front pan, rear longitudals, glass frames and sills all to need replacement.

This alone would cost someone, providing they could find a workshop who actually wants to do it, north of 10k.

So, the 15k quote would appear possibly realistic if its just some of the above areas.

A Minter would be worth about 60k, so its not un-reasonable to expect a value, for insurance purposes of $55k.

To that end, subject to full viewing and assessment, offers would start at around 30k and not go much further.

"When the paint comes off, the invoice goes up...."

Wow rare colour. looks at Wasserkuhl for input into how rare of a colour.

It is indeed a rare colour and a prime example of a reason to buy one of these cars as opposed to a white/red/black/silver one.

I remember riding in a brand new mint green 964 C2 demonstrator back in the early 90's and I thought, who would want this horrid colour?

Answer = Me now!!!

don't remember if this was posted but apparently, according to the seller, 'this would be perfect as a race/track car'......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2007-PORSCHE-911-997-GT3-HIGH-POWERED-6-CYLINDER-SELLING-COMPLETE-CAR-/140991386960?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d3bdd550

Wonder what happed to cause that sort of damage, and look at the steering wheel, flat bottom yes, flat top is a bit weird.....

1970 911E $39K. I can't get the pictures to load, so if someone could post them here, it would be appreciated. http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-2448664?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert

This has been on the market before, probably about 2 years ago. From memory I think it is the same seller, when previously advertised it had the fuch wheels, an ST type rear grille as I recall. I just can't remember the previously advertised price, I think it was around the 40k?

It appears that the targa market is extremely soft, when you think that Autohaus just sold a 1978 SC coupe for close to 50k, it gives us a clear indication that early impact bumper coupes are becoming desireable.

Targa's just don't seem to be moving, however, it provides an absolutely clear option for the first time Porsche buyer to enter ownership for very little investment.

Just dont tell anyone that the targa's drive the same as coupes and the ownership experience is largely the same!!

Top Tip.

Buy as original as you can unique colour targa's.

and remove the spoilers. They look much better without spoilers.

Agree +++ I was just saying to my lovely wife, check the blue Porsche targa out, I would just have to remove the tail.

Personally I prefer them all without spoilers, with the exception of Turbo's, RS or sports purposes vehicles.

My rationale is that they are there for function and not form. Some would argue that they do have a function, however that function is only apparent at speeds exceeding 150km/h. So, for sports purposes cars, yes by all means.

A Turbo Tail on a narrow body car , to my eyes, looks wrong. I, again amd not trying to offend anyone nor am I trolling for a fight.

Didn't last long !!

Well at that price it wouldn't. A Fine investment for someone who has the commitment to do the car justice.

and, have this badge:

turbocarrera

Sub-Zero.