Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-2432539/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

I don't mind the look of this M491 at all, a bit expensive for me though

Already sold. Only lasted a few days. I thought it was priced very well for an M491. Interestingly, this guy has only had it for about 6 months. He must be pretty stuffed if illness has forced him to sell it.

I know what I want for Christmas. Just have to convince Santa!

Good price. Must be something wrong?? Maybe he just wants to see it sold rather than sit on Carsales for a year!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-2439800/?Cr=89&sdmvc=1

Those wheels could be fixed in a jiffy and being an import I suspect looking at the speedo shouldn't scare too many.

I know what I want for Christmas. Just have to convince Santa!

Good price. Must be something wrong?? Maybe he just wants to see it sold rather than sit on Carsales for a year!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-2439800/?Cr=89&sdmvc=1

Those wheels could be fixed in a jiffy and being an import I suspect looking at the speedo shouldn't scare too many.

I really like the look of that… 

some cars have a real street presence 

That 993 C4 is nice. I presume UK or possibly HK import- although I'm pretty sure HK didn't have MPH speedos by the mid 90s. 

Wheels and some minor body touchups and it looks good to go.

I'm curious- for those who see a car that's already had a PPI arranged by the seller, would you go and do another one? Presuming it's been done by Porsche or a respected indy, I probably wouldn't but I ask as I was discussing with my mate, who insists he'd shell out another $500 for one for peace of mind...

It's an awesome car Doug. I remember seeing at a PCV display at Fed Square a few years ago. Couldn't take my eyes off it....

C

cp4657405537191486727.jpg?height=290&asp

Wow, this is amazing. Such low km. Indeed too much car for me. Price and my lack of ability lol. Reminds me of Bad Boys :D

I dont mind this, it presents well in the pictures! 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2435652&Cr=42 

Price doesn't seem too crazy, probably a bit on the high side perhaps? 

Indeed, looks ok in the pictures, however this car at this price would not be a "Carrera". If it is, somebody Buy it!

It is more likely to be a 911 or 911 S Model with a CIS injected 2.7.

A 2.7 Carrera for ROW markets in 1974/75 was a Mechanical Fuel Injection Model which shared its mechanicals with the iconic 1973 Carrera RS (Long Bonnet).

In The US market Porsche sold the Carrera Model in 1974/75 which was not the same as the ROW MFI cars. In essence , a slightly more powerful 911/S CIS Injected engine.

This car, although possibly incorrectly stated as a Carrera, is a Nice car indeed.

Whats the difference?

2.7 CIS injected 911/S/US Carrera = 140 - 160Bhp.

2.7 MFI car = 210Bhp and the most intoxicating sound on the over-run off throttle.

The above rant is for education and anorak purposes and is not deemed to offend anyone.

About what they're asking, subject to a full mechanical and body inspection.

I suspect, again, that this is not a Carrera and a 911/S only a VIN check would reveal its true origins.

Its a franken-porsche due to the 964 Kit and the Later 911 SC 3.0 Motor, however at this money, who cares? Its freakin cheap.

Too many people refer to 911's as carrera's when they aren't. I am splitting hairs, but its like referring to a SS Commodore as a Club Sport HSV.

Anyway. Its cheap. For a reason. Find the reason and evaluate from there (broken head studs, major accident damage and poor repairs...)