Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So did that Red 930 Targa sell? I can't seem to find it.

Agreed on the Blue 930 Steve. Needs further looking at and well Black wheels.

Not sure if it sold, stop thinking about it, you can buy a nice Black turbo bodied Carrera 3.0 , Numbers matching Targa on ebay. The Current owner is a lovely chap.

I found a really nice, rare and original LHD car on Tuesday. Sold new in Germany, privately imported in the 90's. 

I didn't (and can't) post it up because it was advertised in a really obscure place(Print media).

Its too good to be true.

LOL@M491C3.0T.

I dunno if I'm just used to my car but I drove Jim's RHD SC the other day and couldn't get over how different it felt to drive. Good but very  much not the same.  Most of it was my feet but everything felt different as far as ergonomics go. 

LOL@M491C3.0T.

I dunno if I'm just used to my car but I drove Jim's RHD SC the other day and couldn't get over how different it felt to drive. Good but very  much not the same.  Most of it was my feet but everything felt different as far as ergonomics go. 

Yep, I think alot of RHD 911 Owners are missing out on what they are supposed to feel like. The only thing I don't like is no footrest for my left foot, enter old school 911R foot rest.

I've got big feet, so this can be an issue.

+ LHD 911's are worth more now(globally). I'll re-phrase that, factory original LHD/RHD cars are worth more now.

This car was up for auction, it has an engine problem as well as water damage.

So.

Run Forest, RUN.

*Noting it would give you a stable emptying of your bank account!

Hey wasser, what more do you know about the engine issues?

So did that Red 930 Targa sell? I can't seem to find it.

Agreed on the Blue 930 Steve. Needs further looking at and well Black wheels.

I had a look at this one a while ago a long while ago and then again a week ago

And remembered it is not in good shape would take more then the 15k difference to buy a good one but might be a nice project for someone who has the time and can get it for the right price

I had a look at this one a while ago a long while ago and then again a week ago

And remembered it is not in good shape would take more then the 15k difference to buy a good one but might be a nice project for someone who has the time and can get it for the right price

The Blue 930? What was wromg with it?

Oh yeh that 996 T in yellow is hawt!

How many of you let out a cry of pain every time you see a forward dated 911! Especially a pre '74??? They all look rough and neglected. It's sad. If I won a huge amount of cash via lotto - I'd rescue some and make 'em right again! :)

Wow, that 996 in yellow is rare. Judging from the MPH speedo, looks like a UK import though, I  guess that's why it's so cheap?

I've seen that blue 930 as it's just around the corner from where I work. It's in rough shape, not that I know much about cars from that era. Interior looks tired for a car that's covered so few km. Same dealership that had that silver/champagne 964 that sold recently. 

Yep, I think alot of RHD 911 Owners are missing out on what they are supposed to feel like. The only thing I don't like is no footrest for my left foot, enter old school 911R foot rest.

I've got big feet, so this can be an issue.

+ LHD 911's are worth more now(globally). I'll re-phrase that, factory original LHD/RHD cars are worth more now.

i'm going to have to try a LHD 911 - the angle my right foot ends up on always hurts on long drives (Brisbane>Tamworth for example)

what's so special about that chocolate brown Carrera 2.7? The low KMs?

i'm going to have to try a LHD 911 - the angle my right foot ends up on always hurts on long drives (Brisbane>Tamworth for example)

what's so special about that chocolate brown Carrera 2.7? The low KMs?

The Carrera 2.7 bit!  :D

This old girl has been for sale for quite some time now.. I can't figure out why it hasn't sold yet? (price?) Aussie Delivered RHD long hood car http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2423941&Cr=7 Seller doesn't seem to make any lies about its condition either... 

I posted this one a couple of days ago.

It is strange and its quite cheap. The only things I can note as issues are:

1) Seats a wrong. Getting correct ones would be difficult and expensive.

2) Rear Guards have been flared (a-La carrera 2.7 and 3.0L) expensive to put right

3) Ignition switch appears to be missing, I mean, theres a HOLE and no switch or anything.

4) Zero History, but this isn't really a huge issue if you can get a decent PPI done(may be a challnge where the car is located?)

5) Not Original engine has a later IB 2.7 CIS engine.

So, it leaves us with whats the car worth once all the above has been rectified?

Seats= 3k to replace at least.

Rear Guards = 5k + more if you decide to paint the whole car again(as you'd be paint half of it anyway) or just whack some beig Fuchs under the rear guards and have a RS rep(ish)

Ignition= Neglible, but still a concern

History=Can be rebuilt as its aust delivered so a quick check could back track the cars previous owners.

Engine= If it runs well then it would not be worth trying to put a period correct one in.

So its a 40k Plus 10k is it worth 50k at the end of it?

The poor bloke seems to be getting desperate.

So its a 40k Plus 10k is it worth 50k at the end of it?

that is being optimistic.. my rule of thumb is even with a glowing PPI you can easily spend $5k in one sitting. proper bodywork alone is going to run to at least 10k!

There is also the matter of the rust...which the owner has declared.

Is rust like an iceberg???

yep. the more you look the more you will find