Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

If they are one and the same, then disclosure on the ad is a little thin.

"Electricals, for the sake of it, replacements include:

head & fog lights, relays, most switches, etc...""

really??

good pick up!

I thought you have to declare if a vehicle is a repairable/economic write off? If so, I hope he does so to anyone making enquiries. I guess it would show up on the WOV register anyway?

wow... less than 1/10 the value of $42000... so he got to buy all those parts for under $4000!

I wonder how much he had to put back into it.

As for declaring its wovr status... no law that private sellers have to declare it. That is why it is always up to the buyer to do their own checks. I reckon any serious enquiries to him would have resulted in him telling them. 

Or you could be cheeky and call him up and offer what HE paid for it??

Back then, you could re-register a write off after an inspection deemed it roadworthy .....  can't register a write off anymore ...

Very poor not disclosing it .... 

Very very poor...but now he will suffer the PFA social conscience collective tut. Good luck with the sale , that car's definitely tainted!

Very poor not disclosing it ....

Its more than just a case of not disclosing. To state he did the electricals etc just for the sake of it because he is such a fastidious owner is pretty much lying. He may well be fastidious, but he didn't redo the interior and electricals for that reason. Poor. Wondered why it hadn't sold by now

mmmm..... i sent a message to him asking if he would sell me the wheels.. they look like 964 Cup rims...

He said he already has a deposit and the car is sold..... 

Should ring him back and ask him if he was "nice" enough to explain to to the buyer what happened in the carpark .....

Its more than just a case of not disclosing. To state he did the electricals etc just for the sake of it because he is such a fastidious owner is pretty much lying. He may well be fastidious, but he didn't redo the interior and electricals for that reason. Poor. Wondered why it hadn't sold by now

Wow! I did not pick this up when I looked at the car a few weeks ago. The owner who seemed very nice, at no point in the hour that I spent with him, disclosed this fact. This is shameful for someone that said he was a prominent member of the Porsche club etc. It makes sense now however in that he mentioned that the undercarriage panels/ covers had been replaced ( I thought that it was because he had an off on the track) the electric seat motors were also not working. I decided against the car as it was evident that the car had done a lot of track work. The engine had been extensively modified and had a bit of everything.( 993 exhaust, cams etc) The interior also looked quite shabby.

I am totally pissed off with him as he appears to be quite wealthy with a decent jaguar and a new RangeRover Sport in the garage. He wasted about 3 hours of my time to drive there look at the car and get back on a Sunday. Know that he does not have to disclose this but at 54k you would expect some honesty with regards to such an event in a car's history. As I said shameful.

Wow! I did not pick this up when I looked at the car a few weeks ago. The owner who seemed very nice, at no point in the hour that I spent with him, disclosed this fact. This is shameful for someone that said he was a prominent member of the Porsche club etc. It makes sense now however in that he mentioned that the undercarriage panels/ covers had been replaced ( I thought that it was because he had an off on the track) the electric seat motors were also not working. I decided against the car as it was evident that the car had done a lot of track work. The engine had been extensively modified and had a bit of everything.( 993 exhaust, cams etc) The interior also looked quite shabby.

I am totally pissed off with him as he appears to be quite wealthy with a decent jaguar and a new RangeRover Sport in the garage. He wasted about 3 hours of my time to drive there look at the car and get back on a Sunday. Know that he does not have to disclose this but at 54k you would expect some honesty with regards to such an event in a car's history. As I said shameful.

Great due diligence on the part of TOMB, I say.

Caveat emptor.

I guess the Benz next to it got junked.

Poor form. It's ok to rebuild it but really he should be disclosing the history.

Did you find anything suspicious? Smell, corrosion in wires?

I guess the Benz next to it got junked.

Poor form. It's ok to rebuild it but really he should be disclosing the history.

Did you find anything suspicious? Smell, corrosion in wires?

I am angry with myself that I missed any tell tale signs. But then now I realise the type of person I was dealing with. It's been a little over 3 years since the floods so he's had a lot of time to work on it. There were no obvious signs or smells. I may have been distracted by the many stone chips on the body and windscreen or the torn seats or perhaps the digital gear change read out on the dash or the new tyres he had put on to the original Fuchs. I must admit it looked gorgeous.............. from 5 meters( much better that the cup wheels). I realised then that it is exactly what I want but didn't like how he had abused it and what he had done with the engine. So I walked away.

Should have offered him 15k.....bizarre but he would have still made money.

Ok time for that second glass of red..............

Don't be hard on yourself, Porshie .......

It's human nature to ignore and /or not see the obvious when we want something so bad, it hurts .....

Mostly, we will justify all of the bad bits and talk ourselves into something even against our "gut instinct" ....

Enjoy your glass of red and get ready to look at the next one tomorrow ......

I am angry with myself that I missed any tell tale signs. But then now I realise the type of person I was dealing with. It's been a little over 3 years since the floods so he's had a lot of time to work on it. There were no obvious signs or smells. I may have been distracted by the many stone chips on the body and windscreen or the torn seats or perhaps the digital gear change read out on the dash or the new tyres he had put on to the original Fuchs. I must admit it looked gorgeous.............. from 5 meters( much better that the cup wheels). I realised then that it is exactly what I want but didn't like how he had abused it and what he had done with the engine. So I walked away.

Should have offered him 15k.....bizarre but he would have still made money.

Ok time for that second glass of red..............

Don't be too hard you walked away....getting the vibe of the owner and the car is half the battle.

To be fair on the guy he would have sunk a lot of cash back into it so it would owe him more than 4k.

Not trying to be harsh Coastr ..... but who gives a s#@t about being fair to the guy .....

He's not worried about taking $54k from someone looking for their dream car .....

By the sound of Porshie's description, it doesn't owe him much more than the $4k ........

This car should have either been parted out or full disclosure given .....

Remember, this guy owned the car when tragedy struck .... He didn't get stuck with it without knowing .....