Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Just out of curiosity does anyone have the figures for cars imported into Australia, say 65-->95 or something like that.

I would be interested to see boom/bust years.....I think I have the pre 70's numbers at home, but not a definitive list.

I do know that in 1980 (my sc's year) it was one of 62 cars imported that year, I assume in all of oz.

I am getting the history of the blue 993, its getting up there in Km's and 'needs a tidy up'.

Worth looking into.

anybody want to buy some turbo twists to suit a 993?

what are your thoughts on the price of this 993 compared to the others on car sales?

The silver 993 with black wheels that was advertised for $63.950 has already had a deposit put on it. Didn't last long.. 

what are your thoughts on the price of this 993 compared to the others on car sales?

The silver 993 with black wheels that was advertised for $63.950 has already had a deposit put on it. Didn't last long.. 

Wasnt the silver one an import? i assume the blue one is aus delivered but looks like it needs a bit of work to get sorted. Aus delivered 993's are usually from at least $70k and up depending on condition and model (NB, S, Turbo), so factoring in how much it would really cost to fix the blue one, you may be paying a typical 993 price. There was a much talked about black 993 import that was advertised at around 54k.. i guess the silver one would need to be in pretty good shape for its asking price

I think it is keenly priced and the ad eludes to the fact it needs a "tidy up" bearing in mind this is a C2 Manual and the silver one was a C4( or I maybe wrong). I think C4's are rarer, however I think/feel that a C2 is more desireable to the 993 Buyer. The C4 is though, in all honesty the better car for outright grip with only a small cost in handling involvement.

The Blue 993, for me needs a proper set of Cup 2's(3k+), will need some interior freshening which is a challenge as its blue so getting materials matched and correct is difficult. It may well have mechanical issues as well, like for example a steering rack, which costs $5k. It may well have been in an accident as well. Its not an import as it gets serviced at the Porsche centre, which indicates its Locally delivered.(They don't do imports as they are horrid things that they haven't made money on).

So Due dilligence is required as you learn the real issue of the car.

It may just be that its done alot of K's and the owner wants rid.

I like the wing. It gives the look of the car balance

..…besides it makes it go faster…..apparently  :D

I don't like wings and this one seems to be a tech-art hybrid thing.

I like em with a backless dress so you can see the curves.

Pure.

Faster, better get a red one!!

Wasnt the silver one an import? i assume the blue one is aus delivered but looks like it needs a bit of work to get sorted. Aus delivered 993's are usually from at least $70k and up depending on condition and model (NB, S, Turbo), so factoring in how much it would really cost to fix the blue one, you may be paying a typical 993 price. There was a much talked about black 993 import that was advertised at around 54k.. i guess the silver one would need to be in pretty good shape for its asking price

yes mate I forgot to factor in the AUS delivered versus import when factoring in the asking prices. Silver one was an import...

yes mate I forgot to factor in the AUS delivered versus import when factoring in the asking prices. Silver one was an import...

Not that I think it makes much difference, however if its an import, its likely a UK car so extra due dilligence is required as salt and corrosion damage goes through the cars  suspension and Braking components which is expensive to put right. In particular the 993's unique rear suspension cradle which is Aluminium, if any of that is corroded, sit down when you get a quote.

Was the silver one a C4?

Not that I think it makes much difference, however if its an import, its likely a UK car so extra due dilligence is required as salt and corrosion damage goes through the cars  suspension and Braking components which is expensive to put right. In particular the 993's unique rear suspension cradle which is Aluminium, if any of that is corroded, sit down when you get a quote.

Was the silver one a C4?

seems to make a difference as far as peoples perception of value.. but agree, rust issues aside, they all came from the same factory

I don't like wings and this one seems to be a tech-art hybrid thing.

I like em with a backless dress so you can see the curves.

Pure.

Faster, better get a red one!!

I cannot tell from my confuser, but would prefer the correct 3.8 wing.

I was one of those that didn't like the look of Porsches until they grew wings and fat guards with big wheels.

Duck tails didn't do anything for me either.  Just the era I grew up in I suppose.  I like the menacing look and appreciate the clean look.

Butzi didn't like big guards either. He liked the pure, clean look and thats fine, it would be a pretty boring world if everyone liked the same things.

…..but I'm ranting off topic again.

Red with a double wing…….really, really fast.

seems to make a difference as far as peoples perception of value.. but agree, rust issues aside, they all came from the same factory

Yep. It does now, for example an imported Carrera 2.7 1975 is worth as much as an Aust delivered one in the same condition.

This will roll on with later cars as well, 993 C2's in manual will always be sought after.

But, if people can juice and extra 10% out of buyers because its Aust delivered then good on them. They all drive the same!!