Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Been asking myself lately if I would ever see C2S's for sale. If I had the budget that would be my first choice. Keen to see more pics of it.

Feel free to comment on the drive vs C4S if you feel like.

Great colour too.

This was one stunning car and it may be the result of Auction Fever which is spread during some actions and presents as big money being paid for cars, that then get people asking why the price, only cure is lack of funds.

Rationalisation doesn't come into it...FORD GTHO Phase 3 point and case.

in another way is it also an indication that the people collecting these cars still see the price as a bargain even if not totally original.

Remember they only made a certain number of some cars. and the demand is out stripping supply and this then flows on to what people get for "tool room" recreations with original engines

One comment made during the auction by a friend, once upon a time people went to Auctions for bargains....

I wonder what influence that cheap finance is having on prices?

Obviously it would have to be upwards and it is widely suggested that low interest rates will be with us for a long time.

I also wonder what proportion of air cooled buyers use borrowed money for the purchase? I've always thought a very small proportion which would then suggest that prices are less affected by cheap finance. I frankly don't know......

I wonder what influence that cheap finance is having on prices?Obviously it would have to be upwards and it is widely suggested that low interest rates will be with us for a long time.I also wonder what proportion of air cooled buyers use borrowed money for the purchase? I've always thought a very small proportion which would then suggest that prices are less effected by cheap finance. I frankly don't know......

Try a thing called QE....otherwise known as a printing press. Why hold onto paper that is losing value when you can turn it into metal that is no longer being printed.

I don't personally see these raking high on the porsche collectibility list to be honest. That particular car has been on the market for some time too.

If your in the market for a 996 don't discount a standard carrera, in some respects they are the better buy IMO.

Kinda hard to agree on a price pre-inspection. The outcome of said inspection could have a huge impact on the price someone is willing to pay.

Looks neat though. Good luck with sale.

I don't totally disagree with the sellers methods.. I have bought many cars and bikes this way. 

In fact, of the 35-40 bikes I have owned, I think I only test rode 5.

It's not for everyone... but I imagine he doesn't want too many people turning up to "experience it to see if they like it".

When I sold my Cayman, I had people telling me all sorts of BS stories to "have a go" in the Cayman.... a so called Doctor from up north who happened to be in Brisbane for the weekend... another fellow who said he almost bought a new Benz C63 (I think that's what he said) but the seller wouldn't negotiate with him so he wanted to try my Cayman....

As a seller, it can be frustrating and annoying at times... however, the flip side is, you might just miss out on the one person who might have said, "i'll take it"...

I guess, agree on a price.. then get it inspected... and if need be, re-negotiate. If someone is willing to pay several hundred for a thorough inspection, I'd say that punter is pretty serious...

I see all of the above points, but I think the one that I would question is for a deposit to be left before an inspection can be made .....

Personally, even as a serious buyer, I wouldn't even bother looking at this car ..... just too hard. I would never give someone mony in the hope that I can "see" his car ......

I understand that the owner may not want to let people know where the car is stored, but it makes it sound like the seller is too dificult to deal with (and I'm certainly not saying they are)

This looks like an absolute bargain, and Aus delivered!!

Check out this Porsche 911.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1982/SSE-AD-3090331

The state of the engine will probably determine if it is an "absolute bargain" or not. Unfortunately the advert doesn't specifically mention any engine work so that makes me think there could be some money to spend. Then again, I could be completely wrong... :blink:

The state of the engine will probably determine if it is an "absolute bargain" or not. Unfortunately the advert doesn't specifically mention any engine work so that makes me think there could be some money to spend. Then again, I could be completely wrong... :blink:

So will the outcome of a matching numbers check ....... if they dont match, then it's the right money .....

Also ,VIC rego, but in Darlinghurst Sydney ....... ?