Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Not as popular, yes, but it depends how ya look at it. Do YOU like it?

For future values, I don't think they will reach the stratospheric prices some coupes are being asked, yet it is a cheap entry into 911ism

This one has had lots spent, and as Hugh mentioned, it's been for sale for a while, so maybe a call to find out what price would secure it and go from there

Just lowball them anyway, they can only say no....or yes?

If it was me looking, I'd hit them real low at $30 to 32k and come up a bit after its rejected. Reckon it'd sell for $35k pretty easliy coz he needs the cash going by the description. You'd have to figure in at least a grand for shipping I'd say

I like it personally,especially with the ducktail and custom bits, and I'm not a mega fan of targa's, yet I've seen some custom lowered ones online that look great

Comes with orginal bits too, so thats a bonus

New to this forum but just wanted to canvas thoughts on my current dilemma - I'm interested in two equally great Oz-delivered 993s: one is a coupe but auto; the other a manual cabrio; otherwise both similarly conditioned and priced! 

I love the colour and interior combo of the coupe but have yet to drive a tip; driven the manual and love the 993 gearbox but not convinced on softtop!

Thoughts/preference? 

New to this forum but just wanted to canvas thoughts on my current dilemma - I'm interested in two equally great Oz-delivered 993s: one is a coupe but auto; the other a manual cabrio; otherwise both similarly conditioned and priced!

I love the colour and interior combo of the coupe but have yet to drive a tip; driven the manual and love the 993 gearbox but not convinced on softtop!

Thoughts/preference?

Who cares what we think? What do you think? Is shifting gears or hedging a roof more important? It doesn't matter what random people on the Internet think because we don't have to live with it.

and for best results you need to waggle the throttle quickly before you go to WOT! :D

(or alternatively go straight to manual mode, toggle down to get the revs over 4000 rpm and then you're on your way.  Also expect it to be horrible from a cold start because the gearbox will delay changes to heat the cat up more quickly so take it for a long drive as it will also take some time to understand the Tip programming.  Who said autos were easier!)  

I would probably decide on coupe vs cabrio first and put the transmission second.

I've had my 993 tip for a couple of months now; like Peter said waggle the throttle, it makes this awesome sound and you will be hooked.

There is that blue manual coupe with +200ks on it which is going for a reasonable price however.

There is that blue manual coupe with +200ks on it which is going for a reasonable price however.

I'm a little surprised that it's still for sale but I guess the 993 market is still "high" km sensitive.

The rest of the 993's on Carsales all appear to be overpriced and are all hanging around because of this. But then again that silver C4 advertised for $89k at Autohaus sold after a couple months so maybe that silver C2 with less km's and crappy photos on Carsales might be a reasonable buy at $85k.