Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

If I had a water to air intercooler set up my car would have no wing and a 2.7 badge on the back 100%.

Nice. My Subaru Liberty has WTA I/C in it, which was partly the inspiration of my username (also partly inspired by the 944 S2 I owned at the time)

rear wheel arches with mesh grilles to stop stone chips? one each side?

might have to get adventurous with a hole saw though

RUF Yellowbird

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1975-Porsche-911-Carrera-3-0-Blue-M-Convertible-/271299868179

Carrera 3.0 Cabrio? am I missing something? nice touch having an electric roof though I think "very original" might be stretching the truth

Very Original, except for everything and the mis-leading information provided in the advert.

are there any advantages to a water to air cooler apart from packaging?

WTA avoids heatsoak longer than ATA. This is why you see people dumping bags of ice on their I/C's at the races(Drag mainly) and also why early STI impreza's had a waterspray option.

Speaking of watercooling, the Mighty Group B Audi S1 Rally Car had watercooled Brakes!

I had an eaton supercharger on one of my MX5's and I could never get the intake temperatures down to a reasonable level, despite having water injection. An air to air intercooler would have required far too much pipe length and have a detrimental effect on throttle response. A water to air setup was available from PWR that fitted directly between the blower and the intake. It was indeed the answer, as I discovered later driving a car with this setup. I guess that's a packaging advantage in a sense though.  

I had an eaton supercharger on one of my MX5's and I could never get the intake temperatures down to a reasonable level, despite having water injection. An air to air intercooler would have required far too much pipe length and have a detrimental effect on throttle response. A water to air setup was available from PWR that fitted directly between the blower and the intake. It was indeed the answer, as I discovered later driving a car with this setup. I guess that's a packaging advantage in a sense though.

Throttle response? Just get an ATA, straight through exhaust and anti-lag! Then launch like WRC! "Bang, bang, bang, big effin' BANG!"

They had a couple when I was in the hunt for a P Car. There was this one and a 964 in Grey with light interior that has been spoken about a few times before. The manager of the dealership, Ian, use to sell Porsches new many years ago and has a soft spot for them.

They would have had this one for 12 months now.