Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Not sure,  may be an import from Asia,  no service history, no rego, needs new interior and headlight  ...  and I prefer a coupe 

Definitely will need a PPI  :)

Flew to Melbourne today to test drive the green 993 tip coupe....and didn't Melbourne rolled out the weather ;-)  At least I got to test out the wipers!  Was my first experience with the tiptronic and in a word "underwhelmed". I can see the attraction in built-up areas but will wait and see how it goes on the open Tassie roads.

Flew to Melbourne today to test drive the green 993 tip coupe....and didn't Melbourne rolled out the weather ;-)  At least I got to test out the wipers!  Was my first experience with the tiptronic and in a word "underwhelmed". I can see the attraction in built-up areas but will wait and see how it goes on the open Tassie roads.

If using it in Auto mode, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drop it back to 3rd gear.......then it will start in 1st from the lights.

If you leave it in D, then the transmission will try to start in 2nd gear.....making a very underwhelming experience.

So you bought it even though you were "underwhelmed"?

Was this the NZ car that sold last year (trade me)...?

I don't think that car was Aus delivered.. it also had an engine compartment fire or something right?

the trade me car was still a left hooker and looked pretty tidy engine bay fire aside - sold for about 23k oz

the one in this add is an oz delivered car

I thought he had already bought the car.. was surprised that he flew to melb to test drive it seeing as it was already bought?

Wonder if he checked out the manual 993 c2 for $62k while he was there?

Yeah I placed a deposit so thought it prudent to fly over and see what I was buying.  I was very impress with the overall condition ie. exterior/interior/mechanicals and came to the conclusion I could easily live with the tip (after much research and help from tiptronic afficionadis from this forum)!  As my current drive is an AMG, most cars regardless of vintage would be underwhelming ;-)

I did consider the c2 manual in Melb but for numerous reasons eg. price and km differential, lovin' the exterior/interior colour combo etc, I was happy with the green tip.

Yeah I placed a deposit so thought it prudent to fly over and see what I was buying.  I was very impress with the overall condition ie. exterior/interior/mechanicals and came to the conclusion I could easily live with the tip (after much research and help from tiptronic afficionadis from this forum)!  As my current drive is an AMG, most cars regardless of vintage would be underwhelming ;-)

I did consider the c2 manual in Melb but for numerous reasons eg. price and km differential, lovin' the exterior/interior colour combo etc, I was happy with the green tip.

You'll love it - you will find ways to blip the throttle just before a series of sweeping corners and just listen to the nice behind you.   It IS different to a manual, but still great fun.

As my current drive is an AMG, most cars regardless of vintage would be underwhelming ;-)

Don't give up yet Dragon!

Definitely not as easy to access great performance as a modern car because they don't have variable cam timing to fill the bottom end and midrange and have to keep them above 4000rpm for good power being coupled with only 4 ratios means you do have to work at it. The Tiptronic programming also takes a bit of learning too.

Funny that legend regards the 915 gearbox as the most challenging of Porsche transmissions to master. I actually think it's the 964/993 Tip.

Enjoy the learning! :)

And where would members recommend getting a 993 duplicate key made?  I have come across many online sites offering 993 key blanks with Porsche key heads - will it be simply a matter of getting a locksmith to copy the original key? Cheers.

And where would members recommend getting a 993 duplicate key made? I have come across many online sites offering 993 key blanks with Porsche key heads - will it be simply a matter of getting a locksmith to copy the original key? Cheers.

I bought blanks and had my local locksmith make a copy