Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1999-Porsche-Boxster-Convertible-/291333057481

'99 S with 115,000kms...anyone know the car? is it legit? waiting to hear back from the seller

Been discussed before in this thread as a likely scam...

More than likely if it hasn't sold at that price over the last few weeks.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1999-Porsche-Boxster-Convertible-/291333057481

'99 S with 115,000kms...anyone know the car? is it legit? waiting to hear back from the seller

Unfortunately ticks all the boxes to be a scam ....

1. Nil feedback seller

2. Only way to contact seller is to send an email (usually you could send a message)

3. Selling something too cheap

Could be legit but .......

$15k Targa 2.7 Sporto in a cool color! Someone buy it and make it good till I can buy it off you!

Come on!

:rolleyes:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1976/SSE-AD-3199401/

It's so me yeh?

Agree ; great colour and yeah so you yeh  :)

Why is it a project?

Keenly priced ; seats need attention , wonder if the engine/sporto need attention?

I think the first giveaway its a scam is Queensland plates but location is south Sydney.

I could understand that though, if you had a QLD address to get round the yearly NSW roadworthy inspections

Agree ; great colour and yeah so you yeh  :)Why is it a project?Keenly priced ; seats need attention , wonder if the engine/sporto need attention?

I asked myself the same question .... why is it a project?Then I enlarged the photo of the VIN plate ...... rust, rust, rust ..... unfortunately you have to worry about what you dont see ...

EDIT .... just had another look at that photo ... i now think that it may be the remnants of soundproofing, or carpet or something, not rust ....

I asked myself the same question .... why is it a project?Then I enlarged the photo of the VIN plate ...... rust, rust, rust ..... unfortunately you have to worry about what you dont see ...EDIT .... just had another look at that photo ... i now think that it may be the remnants of soundproofing, or carpet or something, not rust ....

I thought it looked just surface rustish - but I don't know much other than that's the type of 911 I'd love and its sportomatic which is too cool!

As long as it's not full of rust and actually runs!

Did anyone notice the red SC Targa on Gumtree for $28k? It was there one day and gone the next. Was at a dealer - sold real quick for a Targa.

that looks more like upholstery glue than rust to me - there might be a little at the top, but look on the lower end (and the way it's put over the VIN plate)

I agree Russ .... I ammended my last post to reflect this ... I also don't think it's rust either.

What I do think is that on the surface it looks like a great buy .... you couldn't go too far wrong for $15k, assuming it doesn't need a new enging and box ... most everything else can be sorted.

I agree Russ .... I ammended my last post to reflect this ... I also don't think it's rust either.What I do think is that on the surface it looks like a great buy .... you couldn't go too far wrong for $15k, assuming it doesn't need a new enging and box ... most everything else can be sorted.

+1 I agree.

I agree 100% with you Amanda. If that one isn't right you would be a little horrified at what it would cost to get it right - way more than what the advertised price is looking at the receipts of work that was done to my car!

As long as the fundamentals are good, any money spent would be an investment ....

Lets say you had to spend $10k to get it right .... that would give you a total of $25k invested ... it would then be a sorted car worth $35k.

Not a bad little earn for getting some work done .... I know how hard some people have to work to earn $5 - $10k ....

if the engine and Sporto weren't healthy - $10k wouldn't go far. But it wouldn't go far on my MINI either if either of these went bang.

I've just spent $2800 on clutch and flywheel and now I have a freakin power steering leak and have two very different solutions from different mechanics to fix it! ie $1300 worth!

I digress.

What you guys think of the red Targa above?