Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

rminc,

Suggest you leave your contact details with the seller just in case the current purchaser has issues with finance, getting his wife's permission or is scared off by the PPI etc.

Long shot I know but has happened before with a white 911 well known on these pages!

Already done. Not too optimistic though.Was sniped within a few hours so guy must have been checking frequently. If he doesnt buy it will probably mean that the PPI reveled some issues and owner wouldnt move on price

Already done. Not too optimistic though.Was sniped within a few hours so guy must have been checking frequently. If he doesnt buy it will probably mean that the PPI reveled some issues and owner wouldnt move on price

Not necessarily.  Lots of people shoot first and find the money later.  Only to find out wife/bank/parents/dog isn't as keen as they are. 

Lots of sales fall through, especially ones made in haste.  Keep in touch with them.

Hi Amanda,

Re the 914, check for rust under the battery (which is in the engine bay) rain washes acid down into the pit of hell and rusts it out.

Also rust around the pedals/ passenger floor. Its a 1970, so a tail shifter which means you'll get the gear your aiming for every now and then. Even though its a cheap entry into PORSCHE spend the same as any other PORSCHE on a PPI. 

Lots of good info here-:http://www.914world.com/

They are fun cars, surprisingly "peppy" and handle extremely well, can be serviced by a VW indy, and there are 100's of go faster bits for the type IV engine, I regret selling mine and would certainly buy another.

Even if your not really interested, go and take it for a test drive, if its a good one it will certainly make your day.

That lovely red SC Targa is also gone.

Thanks for the info on the 914 too. I have e read a lot about them as I really do find them appealing. But the left hooker thing worries me a bit. I'm not sure I could live with that. I am concerned about visibility and doing certain types of turns etc

I should go look at it tho. Maybe see if one of my brothers might come too. As not many pop up for sale and its a good price for me to have a classic p that's still a Targa. Plus something a little different too.

With all these cars selling so quickly, I'm wondering why the prices aren't being set higher, or trying an auction sale. Seems as though each car essentially sells the day it is listed, which means keen buyers.

I'm surprised that the white coupe wasn't listed higher than $45k .... as you said, with the prices being realised as of late that one ticked all the boxes being a good colour combo, Aussie delivered and a coupe ...

Even at $49k, it would have been priced well for the current market and probably would have still sold quickly ...

I suppose not all sellers are watching the market closely prior to selling?  You'd have to really watch and even take notes on what cars are selling for what price over a period of a few months. I imagine if you just decide to sell and then have a bit of a look over a small amount of time,   you might not really have a full appreciation for the market?

I'm priced way out of the market, that i know for sure!