Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

bit of a long bow comparing a 3.2 to a 993?? Kind of proving the point. If he has the only decent 3.2 low kms available in Australia then $75K I am sure he will get (multiple phones calls already apparently and only went up today).

but if it just about spending $80K

number 3: http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-16462209&Cr=7

(shame about the auto)

That 993 Targa is nice.  I'm a bit partial to them even though never actually have seen one in the metal.

You are right. Great shape. Never quite understood the light grey interiors though. Audi do the same. It should be called 'German beige'

Hard work if something goes wrong with the roof.

http://www.pcarworkshop.com/index.php/993_-_Targa_Roof_Operation_Outline

That 993 Targa has been for sale for a LONG time. D-banger is right, there's a stigma attached to the 'unique' targa arrangement, apparently a PIA to troubleshoot if it stops working.

I think that Carrera 3.2 is on the money - remember that 'collector' one in WA for $100K last year?

It was the period.  All German cars made in the mid-late 90s had a lot of grey interiors.  I should know, I have one.

It's a bit like beige in the late 70s, early 80s - just a popular choice by buyers.   Tan interiors are back in a big way at the moment, but grey will have it's day again.

Hard work if something goes wrong with the roof.

http://www.pcarworkshop.com/index.php/993_-_Targa_Roof_Operation_Outline

One problem with the Service Guide is that the glass roof drive mechanism is not designed to be replaced with the top on the car, and so the Service Guide describes the procedure with the top off the car. And by top I mean the whole top. The Targa is based on the cabriolet body with some modifications here and there. The top is a single unit that comes from Webasto and is bolted and bonded with adhesive to the body

:o

I can imagine the distaste of the purists as they peak through the glass at a combination of silicone and spakfilla lol

CORVAIRs are cool despite uncle nader

Cool! And surely the prettiest roof and pillars in automotive history?

but this is prettier

imagejpg10-1.jpg