Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Any idea what they are fetching in the UK at the moment?

Any idea what they are fetching in the UK at the moment?

I meant here in OZ where uk cars struggle to get $90k, but this looks clean. I have looked a little at the uk market.and I would say generally you pay more for a 930 there now which judging by the number of imports here it can't have always been the case. For this example I paid less for an original Aussie delivered only a month ago....but then mine was on the back of a flat bed truck yesterday so maybe not a good example

I like it, the 17-inch rims look great

if not too much rust, it would be a great base to start with.

Peter, I would think you would be ecstatic since it means yours has probably doubled in value in the last 6 months!

But Mike it's only good if you want to sell!

Otherwise it's a disadvantage. I guess I'll never to drive a AC 911 over a traffic island, through a river crossing, up the Birdsville Track, even park it under sappy trees etc etc because they're becoming to PRECIOUS.*  I don't think this is good if you want to use and enjoy them.

* Some suggested uses are for dramatic purposes only and are not to suggest or condone this type of vehicle use.

Saw the underside of a UK imported bmw 6 series last week; about 25 years old. The rust was atrocious!

Last year of the E29 6 series was 1989 so it was at least 26 years old!

/nitpick

The owner of a BMW workshop I used to go to was building a Variety Bash 6 series and he bought a shell from Adelaide as a parts donor (he decided to fit an auto for sand driving).   He showed it to me when it arrived - it was swiss cheese - an ex UK car - virtually none of the panels were useable.  I think the 6 series cars had major problems with rust.

Searching 'e24 rust' in images returns a rich vein of results

foo.jpg

Moral of the story : never, ever, ever buy an ex-UK 6 Series 

Looks like the SC is at Weltmeister (Melb).

If it is the same car as I am thinking about then the white 901 is T in "concours" condition and last year they were looking for around $175k.

White 964 in the background, Wonder if its a C2? cd4884698562880123415.jpg?height=700&asp

If it is the same car as I am thinking about then the white 901 is T in "concours" condition and last year they were looking for around $175k.

Gee... It's still for sale. $175k for a sporto convert to manual with different engine. No wonder it's not yet sold.

I've been underneath that car and I can assure you its super clean...