Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

this is why - with the rare GEN 1 3.0lt turbos now wanting these prices ($250,000), so the GEN2 3.3lt were bound to go up. When it comes to Aussi delivered i started another thread on this and discovered through other members that there were only 166 that made it here. Everything else is an import from another country (most from the UK) or  conversion from Europe or the US/Japan. Baring in mind some of these have probably been exported or written off you have a very scarce car if you own one (very luckily I do). Also probably less than 2000 original RHD cars were made - a lot less than this would still exist.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C591180

this is why - with the rare GEN 1 3.0lt turbos now wanting these prices ($250,000), so the GEN2 3.3lt were bound to go up. When it comes to Aussi delivered i started another thread on this and discovered through other members that there were only 166 that made it here. Everything else is an import from another country (most from the UK) or  conversion from Europe or the US/Japan. Baring in mind some of these have probably been exported or written off you have a very scarce car if you own one (very luckily I do).  Also probably less than 2000 original RHD cars were made - a lot less than this would still exist.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C591180

Oh- mine has 135,000kms on it. I put 1100kms on it on the first day of ownership, and am factoring at least 5000kms per year, so no, will not be kept our of sight in a hermetically sealed box. It will be driven :)

Do we really think these things are worth this sort of money?

They are worth what the market will pay - simple supply and demand. The former is shrinking and the latter is increasing.

There weren't very many to begin with; subtract any that have been neglected, bastardised or written off and we're left with a very small stock of cars...and they aren't making any more of them!

Targas are basically Utes. Tax deduction for them aswell?

If you read this article  then this quote from the only driver to have tamed it , you might be left wondering what an expert can get out of a targa  ;)

A different chassis, required by the Targa's roadster style, adds only slightly to the weight of the car and proved to eliminate some of the handling problems Mark Donohue didn't like in the coupe versions. "It has trailing throttle oversteer (like the coupe), but it was much more predictable. Going through the banking you could hear constant tire squeal which means it's committed and predictable and you can change it around and it stays neutral, whereas with the others it was either over-steer or understeer. It's more a Fexible Flyer . . . maybe I should cut all the tubes out of the roll cage on my Trans-Am car."

is the seller testing the market or are the SC's now in the $50k plus range

It's like looking at mine in the mirror!

While I'm surprised at the pricing, there has been some examples of SC that have sold in the $50's and I believe one of them even had a "6" in front of it ...

I shouldn't say I'm surprised, nothing about what is happening at the moment is normal .....

I assume that's a C2? It's not far off half the price of a coupe. Makes welding on a roof and painting it look like a good idea!

Tiny photos make it a bit tough to gauge condition.

Specified as a 'manual', but actually a tip'.